Waiting List Lawrence Sheriff Ranking re New Catchments

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Warks

Post by Warks »

oohhhh - I love stats too (well simple ones)!! So if there are 800 applicants in East for 214 (?) places - thats a 26.8% success rate, and in South there were 930 applicants for 240 (?) places - thats a 25.8% success rate. I'd be interested in seeing the split for east between area 1 and area 2 - I wonder whether these figures are as easily obtainable?
youngest

Post by youngest »

Just a quick comment, 2 years ago I was told that the "extra" Lawrence Sheriff places that arise each year are not allocated to the waiting list boys automatically and are only available if an appeal is actually made - No appeal, no place.

Until the appeal process has occurred and the appeal panel has determined whether there is prejudice to admit over the planned admission number of 94 then there is no movement of the waiting list, even when I was aware that at least 1 person had turned the place down.

On another note I was told for Ashlawn, that you could go on the waiting list for a selective place even if you had not put it on the application form.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Thank you for that information Youngest.

This is very important!

If you want one of the additional places at Lawrence Sheriff School you must appeal. It may well not be enough to be high up on the waiting list.