It's all so quiet here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

Feeling down I as have not done much 11+ work with DD for several weeks as I have been inundated with work work and have almost no time for 11+ work. Feeling guilty. Anyway, tomorrow is another day, fresh start.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

It's still too quiet. Once you get past the tumbleweed and cobwebs, Warks would be a good section, if posters whose DC's have actually sat the 11+ exam actually provide feedback, otherwise Bgham is the most useful section to refer to.

I Optimistically (get it!) hope that this sections starts to become a useful and credible hive of activity.
chad

Post by chad »

Berkshire is really quiet too...... I think it is because there is such a library of info now that some questions are already answered. :roll:
Pity a few more people don't just say 'Hi' rather than lurk.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Unfortunately, Chad, I quite agree. :(. Not about the library of info (as there is hardly any of that in Warks), I agree with you that it is mostly lurkers.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

.........................................................Image..........................................
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

How long until your child sits the test Optimist?
Hopefully, you'll soon be able to supply everyone with the information that you are seeking.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

I had been trawling the web last night, and found a very good site. If you go to Manchester Grammar School, you will find questions papers in English (including MCQ comprehension, arithmetic, problem-solving maths, and cloze reading). Answers are provided for just these sections only, and not provided for the open-ended comprehension question. I believe it would be a worthwhile exercise to practise MCQ comprehension, arithmetic, problem-solving maths, and cloze reading. I was enthralled by the content. The link is below:

http://www.mgs.org/index.php?option=com ... Itemid=347

I will be referring these to a friend's child, whom I am working with.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Forgive me if I only speak for myself here, but there are some of us on this site who battled for our children's right to sit the test, and then found that, even if they scored more highly than children from Rugby, they were still denied places. There are many of us going through appeals. There are many of us planning to move. For us, the Warwickshire site with its air of congratulation isn't always the best place to be.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

I have been lurking on here :oops:

Sorry its been so quiet - hopefully things will get busier later this year.

By the way does anyone know when the 2010 exams will be held?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

2nd October:

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corp ... 8500505256

It's even quieter on B'ham...

Mike