Warwickshire 11 Plus Registration Form online now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bad Dad

Re: Warwickshire 11 Plus Registration Form online now

Post by Bad Dad »

Agree with fm. I am trying my best to prepare my son as best I can, whilst fully respecting the local authority's attempts to ensure that I don't have the required information to do so!
Not sure what point you are making Magwich? Do you mean something like... if both child and parents have a good attitude in showing the discipline to spend lots of time on preparation then that is a legitimate indicator of future performance? Or is it more to do with your campaign to deny access to education for anyone wearing Burberry?
I doubt whether I'll see you at Studley, Mr Benn. I will be delegating that mission to Mrs Bad, who has a much cooler head on her. I'd probably transmit my own anxieties to the poor kid. But best of luck to you anyway!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I remember a quote from the Big school lottery program..'selection based on ability and not house prices'..
fm

Post by fm »

yes- but it is aguably better for grammar schools to select the brightest AND least likely to develop an attitude problem

Silly me, I always thought schools, whether grammar, comprehensive or independent, were there to serve and educate the children who attend them (whether it is due to ability, location or ability/money) to the best of their ability, regardless of any shortcomings, rather than improve their results by selecting only the children who will guarantee to boost their league tables.

And how can you tell who is going to develop an attitude problem at 11? Give them psychological tests? Or better still give their parents' psychological tests?

The only criterion for entrance to a grammar school should be, 'Is child smart enough to pass the test?' End of story.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I completely agree with your last sentence FM but the arguments in other parts of this forum frequently do not agree with you. Only super-selectives really comply with your criteria.
mad?

Post by mad? »

mike1880 wrote:What, like a poor attendance record?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mad?
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Blimey if there was an exam based on Attitude, my daughter would pass with flying colours :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Some posts have been removed from this thread due to their potentially inflammatory content.

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now