Its over

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MoJo

Re: Its over

Post by MoJo »

Two missing from the exam this morning. You do need proof as in doc note.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Any idea how many did the exam ? At Studley I would guess about 6 rows of 15 (roughly 100).
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

Similar at Henley. How many different centres were there for the South?
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

DS sat the Stratford Grammar for boys test at the girls grammar centre. Most comments suggest easy to very easy, hence pass mark may well be in the nineties. :x
Difficult to say whether the questions were as straight forward or if there was a double meaning...March will tell. Good luck to all that sat today. I heard last years test was very hard, maybe some compensation this year.
Roll on KECH in november, Star Wars tonight with hot dogs!!
ernestcyril

Post by ernestcyril »

'Easy to very easy', how terribly depressing for those of us whose children thought there were tricky bits!!! :lol:
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

we were one of the last to pick up DS, test finished earlier than the advertised time, clever trick I thought on the schools part. Just general comments from the passing DC's with their parents.. :)
lztrant

Post by lztrant »

My DD attends large junior school from which 11 children sat the test, of which 6 are considered to be strong candidates for a high level pass. However whilst all of them agreed that on the whole the exam was not as hard as they expected, none of them said it was easy and all found some aspects of the papers tricky. As expected none of them were able to complete all questions. I guess we all have to keep our fingers crossed and wait!
youngest

Post by youngest »

Mr Benn wrote:Any idea how many did the exam ? At Studley I would guess about 6 rows of 15 (roughly 100).
I never even thought to count - DS can't remember! And we could have simply looked at the last row numbers!!
youngest

Post by youngest »

ernestcyril wrote:'Easy to very easy', how terribly depressing for those of us whose children thought there were tricky bits!!! :lol:
I'll be depressed with you then.

I am holding on to the thought that, apparently last year, it was those who did well overall who knew that, unlike usual tests, they hadn't managed to answer as many questions. Those who are used to leaving alot out said it was easy.

Head firmly in the sand now until March!

As an aside - I thought the graffiti was supposed to be off the desks - DD and DS1 laughed in an embarrassed way when I told them the text speak shorthand on DS2 desk! There was a word addition to LMAO - which is bad enough on its own! DS2 still in innocence though!!
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Son said easy but when pressed did say it wasnt just the first couple questions he missed out but that whole first section! Eek! Hoping that what he thought was easy will give him enough marks to get through. I am surprised about this section as he is good with words. Dont want say more in care re sit sick children get tips! Any other comments about section 1 to reassure me? Could be initial nerves I guess.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now