Its over

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DarkEnergy

Re: Its over

Post by DarkEnergy »

About 150+ took it at The Benn Hall in Rugby. Some very nervy kids and even nervyer (surely that is not a real word) parents. Some reports of unhappy kids crying etc...

I have a very detailed log of questions etc reported by DD and will share later. Can others try and log as much info now and share when we are allowed to, as it would be good to build up a bank of Warwickshire 11+ knowledge for the next batch.

Glad its all over
DE
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
lztrant

Post by lztrant »

Seems strange my DD sat her 11+ at a centre with over 100 candidates and there was no mention of children crying or being in distresss.
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

According to Bad Mum the atmosphere at Studley was a bit more informal and relaxed than at AGS 2 years ago when we last did this. Possibly because this time all the children from the same school were sat together and so there was more chatting before and after. There wasn't exactly wild delight and celebration at the end, but no tears either. One odd thing according to my son: whilst the test was going on, 2 children sitting quite close together were suddenly told "come this way, boys". They were frog-marched out and never came back.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

At Studley, it definatly help the kids relax by chatting to their schoolmates.
I was concerned that being close to them tho could lead to distraction.
Imagine how distraught youd be if that was your child chucked out - having spent so much time preparing (or maybe their parents didnt).
One I know , did no prep , as the child had said they didnt want to take it - only to decide she would the night before !

Whilst it might be of interest , is there any real reason to get the questions, as they change so significantly every year ?! :?:

PS - Do we know when the 'sickie' kids take their re-sit ?
hycon

Post by hycon »

In response to Mr Benn's last comment my question is , is this a forum to share ideas and experiences of eleven plus ? or simply a tool to belittle other people's children ? We are supposed to be concerned about the children after all or is this simply about competitive parents trying to gain superiority over others? Mr Benn has no grounds whatsoever to comment about sick children possibly cheating . As for the child that he claims didnt do any preparation ,firstly don't believe everything you think you hear and secondly what gives you the right to comment on anyone elses child? Surely you should be concentrating on your own rather than badmouthing what you think you know about others . I am disgusted it makes a mockery of the whole thing!
koala

Post by koala »

Mr Benn wrote:Doing the same paper is so unfair. Im going to find out. For example there were a set of twins doing the exam today. If one creied off sick, your telling me his brother wont help him with the questions ?

Only 5 months till we get the results (bangs head on desk).
I have been forced to register to make a point of agreeing with hycon about Mr Benn. What he said about the twins at Studley and about "sickie kids" was quite slanderous. The forum should be used to share information for the good of everyone not to insult individual children. Can the forum moderator get involved and remove some of his comments?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Koala & Hycon

Can I just check what it that you are unhappy about? I have read Mr Benn's post and he asks about when children who were unwell can take the test - there is always a catch up session for them (thank goodness) and hence it is best not discuss the test until after that date. The use of the word "sickie" is understood - I think it some parts of the country it may imply fake illness whereas in others it does not.

I didn't understand the reference to the children leaving the room ? What is the significance - why the problem? I seriously doubt that one child can help the other with the test paper - they seem to forget everything as they leave the room and I doubt that any recall can be that accurate - the child doing the retest would be desperately trying to remember which questions he was told about.

Herman
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Wow - whats going on guys ?

I asked about the children who were sick (apologies if I used the wrong term) as we need to know that date so as not to divuldge too much information about the test. That is only fair.

I know for a FACT that the child did no prep , as they are close friends of ours.

I used the twins only as an "example" of what could happen - I didnt say they did - so for you to use the word slanderous ...

And to have a pop at the person who casually mentioned 2 kids being taken out (blimey he only mentioned it).... my little one reckoned 2 boys were taken out just for a toilet break. So believe what you like.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

tense times, tense times all.....!!!!

best be calm and not discuss the events - things happen anytime there are exams like this and how it is perceived by kids and parents depends on many factors.

Lets just wait until the results come out now - nothing else to be done
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

us all tense ... nooooooooooooo :lol:

and apologies if any offence was made - none was intended

Actually the best thing that happened was us visiting another (non-grammer) High School the day before the test for Alcester.
Im now more than happy that we have a good High School as an option if the Grammar school option fails. (altho the High School place isnt a gimme either unfortunately - that would be too easy ! ) .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now