Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gettingnervous

Re: The wait is nearly over!

Post by gettingnervous »

Hi DenDe,
Great just great !
I rang them a couple of months ago and they told me they don't send out emails, just letters - this confused me even more because on the online application, it clearly asks you to tick a box if you want email confirmation :roll: So then I thought I'd be clever and rang them again last week in the hope of speaking to someone else and got the same answer from a different person. So I gave up !
I think Bham get theirs just after midnight 28th Feb - just not fair is it!! :(
Very impatient & gettingnervous :lol:
jujuflops

Post by jujuflops »

We are in Worcestershire, does anyone know when we get our results here?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

gettingnervous wrote:I think Bham get theirs just after midnight 28th Feb - just not fair is it!! :(
Two years ago it was about 12:20am on the 1st when our email arrived (and last year of course there was The Great Website Loophole and B'ham people could see their results a few days before - I keep visiting the site in case they've forgotten to fix it :lol: ). It was a very long 20min, and the 15sec it took to scroll down a seemingly endless email (I've looked at it again since, it was about 2 short paragraphs :shock: :lol:) was even longer.

Mike
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

jujuflops wrote:We are in Worcestershire, does anyone know when we get our results here?
Hi jujuflops! I am in Worcestershire too and also waiting nervously! With my elder son 2 years ago, we actually found out the day before the Warks people. A letter arrived from Worcs admissions telling us the name of the school we had been allocated, but no other details. The next day we got the letter from Warks with the breakdown of scores and position etc, which was interesting, but of course the most important fact was in the first letter! Worcs don't seem to do technology yet, correct me if I am wrong, someone - strictly snail mail only!
jujuflops

Post by jujuflops »

Thank you Bad Dad! I also got the impression from the Worcestershire website that the results would be via snail mail - ah well, at least we don't have to stay up until the small hours waiting for the message to appear on the screen! Good luck to you and all those who are waiting anxiously.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Wouldnt it be a money saving venture to send those who'd applied online an email ? Or is that to clever ?

I must admit i expected an email , having applied online.

I will just add it to the big list that Ive got about the Education Department, headed ' We know something you dont - and have no intention of helping you , so na na nanana ' :evil:

Personally Ive become more relaxed about the results , as its been so long since they took the tests. I think ive resigned myself to my bairn not passing, but possibly getting into a non-grammer school that we did apply for.
koala

Post by koala »

I spoke with the Worcestershire admissions office on Friday about receiving the results as we are away when they come out!

I was told that if we had applied online, then they would let us know online and that these emails would be sent in the morning close to the start of the working day (and not in the early hours). I can only tell you what they told me.

We are therefore expecting results online on 1st March 9amish onwards.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

When i spoke to the Worcestershire admissions this morning they didnt really know !

Letters will be sent out 2nd lass on the 1st, but emails will be sent that day - time unknown. It wasnt clear if you could see on the website what place you had been offered ?

Again, I repeat.... why do they have to surround this whole process in mystery? Must be part of their Working practices.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

I have just spoken to Solihull Council admissions and today's news is that letters will be sent (the lady thinks....!) first class on the 1st March and e mails will be sent out some time on the 2nd (to those who applied on line) I do get the impression, however, that the information varies dependent on who you speak to :roll:

I don't know how I will get any work done on the 2nd!

BTW I agree with you Mr Benn the whole system seems cloaked with unnecessary secrecy which just adds to the stress of an already stressful process :evil:
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Thanks DenDe for the latest update on the Solihull results saga. Did you also get the impression when you spoke to them that they really do not appear to have a clue about the result timings themselves ?

Good luck :D I've taken the 2nd off work as I don't imagine I'll be doing anything productive that day anyway and couldn't bear the thought of the results sitting on my doormat whilst I'm at work !!!