Out of catchment admissions for Stratford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Out of catchment admissions for Stratford

Post by um »

I wonder if someone can help clarify some questions?
I have tried Warks admissions but have sadly found them pretty surly and unwilling to give me clear answers, very unlike Solihull who are always patient with me :D

We live around half a mile out of the Stratford Grammars' catchment 'circle'. Admissions have confirmed this. However, with ds2 in Year 5, I would like to consider KES Stratford as a second choice school to our first choice of KE Camp Hill in Birmingham with his brother.
It is actually a much easier journey ( a nice direct 35 min train ride from the station down our road, straight to Stratford) than getting to Five Ways, Aston, or Bishop Vesey in Birmingham, all of which are an hour or more journey from us.

I am told that if my son sits the test in Sep, he will not be considered in the 'first round' of admissions.

Am I right in understanding that he will then automatically be placed on a waiting list according to his score, then offered a place if someone declines their 'first round' offer and he has scored high enough to be at the top of the waiting list?
Does anyone know of a pupil who has gained admission despite being out of 'circle'?

Any thoughts or knowledge would be much appreciated. Thank you.
mike1880

Re: Out of catchment admissions for Stratford

Post by mike1880 »

Yes, that's how it works. It's a bit of a gamble obviously because you're relying on being at the top of the waiting list. Or I suppose it might be possible to put in a late application, I'd have to look at the papers Warwickshire sent to see what they say. I'm not doing that tonight (this morning I mean)...

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now