LSS Appeals - result!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JPH1

LSS Appeals - result!

Post by JPH1 »

Success! We had the results from the appeal panel, which we attended on Tuesday, on Friday and our son has obtained a place at LSS – over the moon – best news ever!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who gave some very good advice and information on the appeal process – much appreciated!

Yeeeee Peeeeee!
Ed's mum

Re: Results thread 2011

Post by Ed's mum »

You must be delighted! I am delighted for you and your son. Congratulations!!
Ed's mum

Re: LSS Appeals - result!

Post by Ed's mum »

I hope he will be very happy there.
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations!
minstrel

LSS Appeals - result!

Post by minstrel »

JPH1 wrote:Success! We had the results from the appeal panel, which we attended on Tuesday, on Friday and our son has obtained a place at LSS – over the moon – best news ever!
You must be so happy. Time to celebrate. Well done JPH1 and son!

My son was fortunate to get a place in the 1st round of offers. A couple of his friends were not so lucky. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what did say at an appeal, that resulted in a place being awarded? Does the score need to be close to the qualifying score to be successful? Any hints on strategy would be beneficial. Don't answer any part if you think it is personal, alternatively feel free to send a "personal message" to maintain confidentiality. Information may be useful to many of us on this forum.

Thanks.
JPH1

Post by JPH1 »

Hello,
Some general points of advice would be:

The appeals team and the admissions team are very good and offer sound advice so contact them straight away so you follow the correct process and achieve the target dates. The process is very straight forward to follow but do follow the process!

Compile a good submission to bring out all the good points – a mini CV and about 2 sides of A4.

Try and obtain evidence from the current school to support the above, substantiating evidence if you like to validate your claims.

From what I’ve heard then the interview questions do tend to vary depending on the above and the 11 plus result obtained.

I hope this helps?

Cheers.