KES Stratford Open Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
alcestermum

Re: KES Stratford Open Day

Post by alcestermum »

In the past I have found no problem parking in the school, even when arriving fairly late! Most people think that parking will be a problem so opt for one of the above choices - leaving spaces free at the school!

After 6pm parking is available on single yellow lines and also the metered places are free as charges are from 8am until 6pm.

Hope this helps.
um

Re: KES Stratford Open Day

Post by um »

Just an update for future open days!

We attempted to park at Bridgefoot but got lost in the one-way system.
We did park in a car park that was really quite empty yet just a few minutes from the school.
It was beside a church - maybe the same one that no_ball found?
Unfortunately I cannot remember the name, street or anything else :( as I lost my mind (sorry, memory) when I had my fifth...

There was definitely no space at the school to park, and on-street parking seemed full too. We arrived just on time at 7pm, but the hall was already completely packed with all seats taken. Many parents who arrived a little late couldn't even squeeze into the hall.
We loved the school (I have loved all the Grammars I have seen) and the staff were very friendly and helpful, but having only one open day for such a small place was probably not a great idea, as it was a bit too packed to actually see it properly/get into the classrooms etc. It was also rather late for a school night imho - we left just before 9 as I'd only paid 2 hours car parking, but didn't get home til nearly 10, and then ds didn't get to bed till 10.45...