Stratford Grammar School for Girls new Year 7's Sept 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
legaraal

Stratford Grammar School for Girls new Year 7's Sept 2011

Post by legaraal »

My daughter is starting in year 7 at Shottery in Sept 2011. We are based in Solihull and I was wondering if any other Solihull area girls who are starting in Sept 2011 would be interested in a "get together" some time on Saturday 27 August with some other Solihull area girls / mums I am already in touch with since the Parents Evening a few weeks back.
I think a lot of the "newbies" are the only ones going from their primary schools (my daughter is the only one from her school) and it would be nice for them to get to know each other a bit better before they start, especially if they will be travelling to and from school by the same means.

Please send me a private message if interested (I don't pick my messages up every day, naughty me, so if I don't respond for a few days it's not because I am ignoring you!!)
Sallyannb1

Re: Stratford Grammar School for Girls new Year 7's Sept 201

Post by Sallyannb1 »

Hi, I live in the Solihull area, and my daughter is due to sit the test for Shottery in October. Can you tell me what help there is in terms of transport to the school, and how long the journey takes please. I wish your daughter well in her first week.
Many Thanks
Sallyann
legaraal

Re: Stratford Grammar School for Girls new Year 7's Sept 201

Post by legaraal »

It depends on where in Solihull you are - we are in Shirley within 5 mins walk of train station so our DD will be getting train at 7.44am which takes 35 mins and then its a pleasant 10 min walk from Stratford Upon Avon station to the school (train gets in at 8.20am and they don't have to be in school until 8.50 so plenty of leeway there).

Other girls from Solihull area are getting X20 bus which goes out along the Stratford Road (Shirley, Hockley Heath etc) or are aiming to get the 220 Johnsons school bus which services Stratford College (5 mins walk from Shottery) although places on that bus are not guaranteed as first priority goes to the Stratford College students. 220 goes from Solihull bus station along Blossomfield Rd / Marshall Lake Rd and then turns left onto Stratford Road.