The Warks exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bad Dad

Re: The Warks exam

Post by Bad Dad »

um wrote:At the moment, I am waiting for the letter from Warks to tell me where and what time the test is - I don't even have a clue about that yet!
When the letter comes it will probably include a sample paper with a couple of pages of questions. This is useful in that it shows the format, including the mix of standard/multi-choice format. But I don't think it is representative of the difficulty of the questions.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

ours arrived in July, 3 months before test..
um

Post by um »

Well with 2 weeks to go, I would like to have that letter!

My Bham consortium letter explaining the place and time of the test, the format etc, arrived in July, 2 weeks after I applied.
I actually applied to Warks a month before Bham, so I can't understand the long delay. I do have a short letter confirming they have received my application to sit the test, and on phoning a few days ago, was told that the main letter would come next week :roll: . I do feel this is leaving it a little late. As I said, we have absolutely no idea which test centre he will be allocated, nor what time he needs to be there.
um

Post by um »

OK, having checked the website I can see the following:

We do not release past papers and there are no practice papers available. Two weeks before the test, applicants will receive a sample sheet containing example questions.

The main test date is 1 October 2011.
It will take place in the morning.
Letters will be sent two weeks before the test to inform you of the venue and start time.
The supplementary testing date is 18 October 2011.
The test is made up of two 45 minute papers with approximately 100 - 125 questions on each paper.

Plenty of information there :roll: ....'It will take place in the morning'. Sorry to sound grouchy but why on earth can't they just say what time it is :?:
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

from memory, we got to stratford school for around 0900, your letter will tell which centre to go to, there are 3 or 4 scattered around stratford area.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

A well prepared child who understands the concepts veing tested should have no problems in passing, the rest is down to nerves and exam pressure etc..
Best of luck to all
jacquie

Post by jacquie »

Anyone have any experience of the 'mock' 11 plus exams held last week in Rugby- 11 plus questions provided from their ''research'' into previous tests! :?:
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Who administered these tests, private tuition agency or the council? :?
jacquie

Post by jacquie »

NOt the council. A private agency - I am censored if I mention the name .

edited by a moderator
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

I'm already annoyed that my child's chances are reduced because of where we live. Now it seems that some corrupt little tutoring agency is making the playing field even less level - great. Hope the format's vastly different this year.