Moving to Warwickshire from Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
AB5

Moving to Warwickshire from Kent

Post by AB5 »

Hi All

I am new here, but with 3 children who have sat the eleven plus (2 in grammar school, 1 awaiting result), I feel in familiar territory.

We currently live in Kent, but are contemplating a move to South Warwickshire, and are wondering what the chances are of getting our children into the Stratford grammar schools. We will have missed the usual year 7 intake, so would rely on there being vacancies in later years.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, or could comment on the system for out of county late joiners.

Many thanks.
Warks mum

Re: Moving to Warwickshire from Kent

Post by Warks mum »

I'm afraid I can't help with anything more than my own observations, but in DD's class of 25ish at Stratford Grammar there seems to have been roughly one pupil moving in and out every year for the last three years, generally from families moving to or from the area.

One girl has left this year unexpectedly and as far as I know her place hasn't been taken.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I think that girl was magwich minor! Interesting that her place has not been taken - they usually seem to line up someone else quite quickly.
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

magwich2 wrote:I think that girl was magwich minor! Interesting that her place has not been taken - they usually seem to line up someone else quite quickly.
Magwich, do tell what you have done with Miss M? I assume you finally gave in and moved her to your favourite school: AGS!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You will probably have to sit the GS exams as you cannot count qualification in one county for another.

I remember this being quie a shock to some parents which was even worse when they did not qualify ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now