LSS application and area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
richukuk

LSS application and area

Post by richukuk »

We are looking to move to northern / eastern Warwickshire and have identified LSS as the school we want our son to apply for when old enough. The qualifying scores we understand are higher in the outer priority circle than the inner and also if scores are the same, a decision on acceptance can be made on distance measured from the house to near the school. The houses we've seen that we like are mainly in the outer priory circle and the value is much better there. Does anyone have any views in this - is it likely and realistic that we could fail to get a place if we moved to the outer circle rather than the inner circle and are distaces ever actually measured for places. Are we missing anything on this; any help to our house location (inner / outer) dilemma would be appreciated!
guest201

Re: LSS application and area

Post by guest201 »

I wouldn't worry about it. The first 50% (ish) of places are offered to kids in the inner circle (east Warks), these are the higher scores, then the next 50% (ish) of places are offered to kids in the other priority area which is 10 mile radius of the water tower. So the qualifying scores are not higher in the outer circle (in the first year of the two priority areas system this was the case, but it was changed the second year and has remained the same since).
The advantage of being in the "inner circle" is that your child can opt for all of the places, as, if you are in the inner circle you are also in the outer circle. My advice is buy the house you want where you want it, if your son is meant to go to LSS he will get a place.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Not wanting to be a pessimist but also consider what non-selective school you will be close to, just in case.
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

I second what sportsforall said. Ashlawn seems to be very popular and the priority area this year was under 1 mile. For us, our nearest state alternative was not an option and we would have opted for an indie had my DD not been successful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now