My son found it hard!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

leammum

My son found it hard!

Post by leammum »

My son said it was harder than he thought on sat (quite an admission from him!) and that he missed a few Qs out. I'd kind of talked myself into thinking there's no way he's passed, but actually, reading on here has cheered me up! Got to stay realistic but perhaps he's in with a slight chance..? How did everyone else get on? And isn't it nice it's over? :)
serendippyty

Re: My son found it hard!

Post by serendippyty »

My son found it hard too and talking to a TA at his school this year she said the feedback they have had was that everyone found it hard so I am pleased they are all in the same boat really!!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Although we don't expect my dd to pass, she too found it harder than expected, and reassuringly, so did her friends.

They found the maths particularly hard. My dd only did a third! and guessed the rest (no chance of a pass there). She struggled with the cloze (don't think I'm allowed to put details in here) as it was a topic she was unfamiliar with; again, she wasn't the only one amongst her friends. She found the NVR the easiest. She left quite a lot out.

So although I have no ideas if her friends were telling the truth or just agreeing with each other, listening to other mums, I think the maths was particularly hard. That is supported by many comments on here!

I'm still very proud of her for trying. I bet I couldn't do it!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

ds said the others from his school all thought it was hard too - especially the maths part. But if it's a particularly hard paper scores should be lower across the board, so once it is standardised that shouldn't have too much effect. They do say that they set the paper with speed in mind, so they don't expect (m)any to finish it all, and if any of them are getting 100% then it isn't differentiating across the full range of abilities.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, my ds sat warks exam sat as he sat the bham the week before.

He said this exam was easier than the bham exam and the only thing he struggled with was the definitions, as this is his weakest subject.

He said he found the Maths easy and answered all questions in every section within the time!

Only time will tell how he did!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now