Does Stratford kes do well in school rankings?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HappyRobot

Does Stratford kes do well in school rankings?

Post by HappyRobot »

I can see Birmingham grammars in rankings (newspaper ones) as well as shottery but not kes.
Anyone know why not?
hermanmunster

Re: Does Stratford kes do well in school rankings?

Post by hermanmunster »

suspect of the reason why they may not make the top slots in the tables is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/educa ... m?compare=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are plenty of schools around the country who will get 100% getting 3 A levels and also an averege of over 1000 in A/AS level points
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I think like most of the grammars, they do well but year on year just the difference of a few points can move them up and down the league tables.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

serendippyty wrote:I think like most of the grammars, they do well but year on year just the difference of a few points can move them up and down the league tables.

that's probably the case - there are so many schools very close in terms of % and A/AS points that a "blip" of a few people not doing so well one year can make a lot of difference.

Some schools also set highish targets to enter year 12 and year 13.. so the ultimate year 13 results may represent a highly selected bunch in some places.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

KES take pupils into the 6th form who haven't been there throughout, which probably skews the A level results a bit. Would be more interesting to see results for the pupils they've had all the way through.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now