Never believe what your dc says about how they did ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Never believe what your dc says about how they did ...

Post by ginx »

My dd has just (hopefully) passed the 11+ with a score of just 315, ranked 73rd.

She came out of the exam insisting she had failed, saying the comprehension was "quite fair" (suggesting to me she could do it) and that the NVR was "easy" (big mistake). She said the maths was impossible and she couldn't do it and didn't finish it.

Although her overall score isn't great, she did best at maths and worst at NVR! Can't believe anything she says!

Anyone else found this, from their results?
nervousmom

Re: Never believe what your dc says about how they did ...

Post by nervousmom »

This is interesting. My DS came out and said the exam was easier than bham exam.

He got 360 and 49th, so we are looking at KES.

He found NVR fine. onnthe VR he said he did ok on the cloze and comprehension. He struggled with the definitions and guessed most of them!

He said the maths was easy and answered all the questions.

His results showed that his VR was his best area and maths his worst!

So as you say, can we believe what they say!

He did bham exam week before and said it was harder than warks and is now saying he missed a load of questions!

It will be an interesting week!
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

This is not all that surprising, because children will naturally think that if they find one section hard and one section easy that they have done better in the easy section. But it doesn't work like that - it is a competition against the other children, not against the paper. You could get a higher percentage raw score in the easy section but still get a higher standardised score in the hard section.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I hope it works that way. DS is desperate for KEFW but is feeling down already because he doesn't think he has done well enough.

I will be sad for him if he doesn't get the school of his choice. On the other hand he will be going to KES and. Have no complaints there whatsoever!

(We have a DD who will be doing all this in 3 years time. Ideally we would like to have got them to the same school, but there a so many varying factors with that)

Looks like we won't know now until Wednesday!
ginx

Post by ginx »

nervousmom

must be dreadful to go through the waiting game twice! Good luck!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, it is. Results out tonight!
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Nervous mum, don't give up hope until you have the results in your hand. My DD was the only one of her friends who thought the test was really hard. She even said it was nothing like what we had practiced at home. She didn't have a tutor as I DIY'd her at home. So I thought I had got it all wrong. How wrong was I. Results came in on Saturday and she got a fantastic score. Those that found it easy got much lower marks than my DD and a few who were tutored failed. So, you never can tell!

Good luck for results day and you may be pleasantly surprised! :wink:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Thanks pumpkin.

When he came out warks exam he said the maths was easy, this wasnthensection he scored lowest on.

He was saying today that on the bham the were some problem solving he couldn't do and others he could.

Not too much longer, probably about 20 hours as postman comes about 12-12.30 :?