School place for LSS Rugby

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
minhast1

School place for LSS Rugby

Post by minhast1 »

My son has scored 307 and we live in catchment East priority area 1 and is provisionally ranked 119 out of 353 boys in eastern region. What are the prospects of getting a place in Lawrence Sheriff school Rugby. Please advise!
play

Re: School place for LSS Rugby

Post by play »

I would say he will get in. Some of the ranked boys will not accept and some will go to Ashlawn.
minhast1

Post by minhast1 »

[quote="play"]I would say he will get in. Some of the ranked boys will not accept and some will go to Ashlawn.[/quote :)

:) Thanks for the response. Even if we are in the outer circle?
justathought

Post by justathought »

When you say you are in priority area 1 (marked red on the the priority map), are you refering to the circle from the water tower in Rugby orthe eastern area priority area 2 (marked in purple on the priority map) eg. churchover, brinklow, bilton etc?

If it is area 1 - then my understanding is that only the first 50% of places will go to ds in this area (which equates to max 60 and includes all ds in both 1&2). If you are in the area 2 priority then the remaining 50% of places go to any additional ds who have not been taken in the first 50% and fall in the area 2 priority only.

Therefore my understanding is that if a ds ranked 100th and in area 1 they may not get a place.

I'm not saying which area you are in, just want to check that my thinking is right as I know there has been lots of confusion over this and it would be horrible if dps got a shock at allocation and missed the opportunity to apply for another school.

Am i right?
minhast1

Post by minhast1 »

justathought wrote:When you say you are in priority area 1 (marked red on the the priority map), are you refering to the circle from the water tower in Rugby orthe eastern area priority area 2 (marked in purple on the priority map) eg. churchover, brinklow, bilton etc?

If it is area 1 - then my understanding is that only the first 50% of places will go to ds in this area (which equates to max 60 and includes all ds in both 1&2). If you are in the area 2 priority then the remaining 50% of places go to any additional ds who have not been taken in the first 50% and fall in the area 2 priority only.

Therefore my understanding is that if a ds ranked 100th and in area 1 they may not get a place.

I'm not saying which area you are in, just want to check that my thinking is right as I know there has been lots of confusion over this and it would be horrible if dps got a shock at allocation and missed the opportunity to apply for another school.

Am i right?

Thanks again,

I think you are right. We are in area 1 marked red, does it make any difference if we move to area 2. Please advise!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

307 would have got LSS last year from the inner circle - likely that the scores required this year will be lower (more places, less candidates). From the outer circle last year needed 339 if I remember rightly. So highly unlikely to come down to anywhere near 307.
Janeymorris

Post by Janeymorris »

Will depend on whether the children in inner circle had higher scores than outer, if so, a large percentage of the possible outer circle places get used up in the initial 60 allocation. It then moves to inner circle only. You then join the waiting list quite high up, but unfortunately so do all the children out of catchment and from south Warwickshire who have much higher scores. If outer circle kids have higher scores, you have more chance. Not much help! Perhaps knowing your score before march is proving to be more rather than less stressful! On a positive note, I do think it's much easier to get a place this year, my DS got 306 last year and came 314 !
Janeymorris

Post by Janeymorris »

I don,t think 307 would have got in last year as the waiting list started at 308.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now