naknat

Re: Historical data re qualifying scores for Warwickshire

Post by naknat »

Thank you, Okanagan!
I can see it now :)
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Okanagan wrote:That 632nd was across all children in Warwickshire - it was only 411th from the Southern area (i.e. those that were in the priority area for AGS).

So it's only 91 which you are really looking to account for.

Some children will have taken the Warwickshire exam, but also the Birmingham one, and chosen to take up places there instead. Some will have decided to go private. One or two may have moved away. Some will live in areas which although they are in the Southern circle are too far from Alcester for it to be a logistical possibility. From Warwick/Leamington/Kenilworth for example the Stratford schools will be an option, but Alcester isn't for most people.
Have you any idea how what rank they offered down to in previous years Okanagan? Clearly there were fewer places in those years, but I'm wondering if the moves to indies/taking up birmingham places/moving away/alien abduction is roughly the same sort of percentage each year?
Also, this was 1st March offers wasn't it, so this is not children who went on waiting list and eventually got a place, those will be additional?

Thank you
ginx

Post by ginx »

In Eastern Warwickshire, from our junior school, every year a couple of dc go to independent school rather than gs.

So there must be a few dc who don't take up their gs places, freeing up a few places.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

We don't have the rankings data for other years, as last year was the first time people were told of their ranking, as part of getting the exam results before the allocations. Before that you just had to apply in hope, not knowing what your ranking/score was.
octagon

Historical data re qualifying scores for Warwickshire

Post by octagon »

Some ranking data was provided with scores even in 2010.

E.g. in 2010-11

East x/946
South y/1179

They didn't give the gender rankings. Data showed was the Southern ranking was generally much lower than Eastern. But children with high ranks knew they had a place.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Okanagan, I have pm'd you as I am new to the forum and not sure what I am doing!
JMW

Post by JMW »

Can anyone speculate on the impact of the extra 139 Birmingham Grammar places for 2014 have on freeing up Southern Grammar spaces - how many really apply to both...?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

I was wondering this myself the other day. Will be really interesting to see if there is any impact.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

If you read back through the Warwickshire and Birmingham forums there area fairly common mentions of people considering both - Camp Hill Boys vs KES seems to come up fairly frequently. So there might be a small amount of change as a result. I'd not expect it to be that dramatic though as large parts of the Southern priority circle aren't areas where transport into Birmingham would be an easy choice. For the Solihull/South Birmingham people, or even perhaps those in the parts of Coventry covered by the circle, then it may be an option.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now