Long wait for waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Re: Long wait for waiting list

Post by ginx »

I think it's good to make a decision, then you can move forward. If he's happy, and going to be with his sister, sounds positive! Good luck to your ds.
leammum

Post by leammum »

Hi everyone - I wonder if you can help me. My ds scored 317 and the min waiting list score for KES is 321, so he's not on the waiting list. Is there any point our appealing, or, as he points out, won't the boys on the waiting list who are appealing get in over and above him? He has a place at a good comp which he and I are happy with, but I suppose I feel like I'm letting him down if I don't even try to appeal, but at the same time, I'm not keen to go through the experience if there's absolutely no chance of success at all! Does anyone know of any cases where children have got in even when they're below the min waiting list score by a few points? I do feel he would thrive at grammar school -he's a good all-rounder and is being entered for level 6 sats for literacy and numeracy; I think nerves just got the better of him on the day. Any advice would be much appreciated - my guess is there's little point appealing - am I right?
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I know of two who have got to KES through appeal and who were not on waiting lists but I think it will be harder this year as more places were allocated initially so there are less for appeal.
laurabiscuit

Post by laurabiscuit »

...so just to keep this topic alive in case anyone is interested so close to the new term...and also for use by the statistics gurus (Okanagan?).

We got an offer for AGS yesterday with a score of 311. The S. Warks rank for that is 445 out of 1029, which will probably be more useful information for people in future years trying to work out how far down the list things might go.

We turned it down - CCS induction days seem to have worked their magic on my daughter! It is good to see that the lists move, but I don't hold out much hope for it moving down to us for SGGS. Anyway, hopefully someone has just had a 'Yay!' moment with an unexpected place at Alcester for next week :)
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Does anybody know how low the KES score got to ... I know there is only 48 hours left but I have to ask !