Alcester Grammar Test Content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Heaselmi

Alcester Grammar Test Content

Post by Heaselmi »

Hi

I'm new to this forum! I'm thinking of Alcester Grammar for my youngest son and wonder what the content/timings/structure for the papers now is, can anyone help please as it has changed in recent years. (My eldest sat the papers 6 years ago). I know they are now CEM based and very secretive etc but what can we expect in rough terms? Anyone take it last year?

Thank you for your help!
magwich2

Re: Alcester Grammar Test Content

Post by magwich2 »

There was another thread on here about CGP publishing some revision guides I think?
Good Luck
Okanagan

Re: Alcester Grammar Test Content

Post by Okanagan »

Start by having a look here (this relates to the Birmingham exam but it is also CEM and the style format are the same as Warwickshire.

Broadly speaking - work on vocabulary. Verbal reasoning isn't conventional verbal reasoning - there will be multiple choice comprehension, cloze tests (pick the appropriate word to fill the gap, or possibly fill in the letters to complete the word), and others which are also likely to test vocabulary.
Maths - look at long, worded, multipart questions. They call it "numerical reasoning" not maths for a reason - half the task is working out what the sum is.
Non verbal reasoning - use any standard NVR to prepare, but try for as much variety as possible to be adaptable for different formats which might appear on the day.

Format is 2 x 45 minute tests on the same day, with a short gap between them - each paper has a mixture of the subjects, but is split into timed sections, so they can't move ahead, or go back to questions outside of the section they're on at the time.