Test feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
equation

Test feedback

Post by equation »

DS said he found the test difficult but mainly due to it being VERY time pressured.
Can't do anything about it now so just have to wait for the results in Oct! :shock: :roll: :shock:
Any other feedback out there??
guest201

Re: Test feedback

Post by guest201 »

Maths very hard and not enough time. Nvr as expected, vr hard but not as bad as expected
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

DS managed to complete it all, although he said some of the sections were very hard, and some easier than he expected....the results will tell the proper story I guess!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Well, he survived!

First paper was ok; snack and chat with his mates was great; and the second paper was HARD. No surprises though, so that was good. And yes, results posted on the 18th. DH dropped him off and estimated there were about 200 in the room!

DS and I have now agreed to never discuss the 11+ again :lol:

JD
Sosalou

Post by Sosalou »

My DD said she missed out two whole pages of the NVR section! I find that just a little worrying!
crazy mum

Post by crazy mum »

my ds also said it was hard but some of his friends said it was easy...now just wait for the results.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

DS said he discussed it a bit with his mates today and they all agreed it was hard! Always reassuring after an exam when everyone says the same as you :)

JD
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

My DS is doing the test this week. However, historically in 2010, 2011 and 2012 exam sittings was the cloze:

1. Bank of words type.
2. Missing letter type
3. MCQ type
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

I don't believe CEM have ever used the bank of words style. But the other two have both appeared on test and/or familiarisation papers.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Okanagan wrote:I don't believe CEM have ever used the bank of words style. But the other two have both appeared on test and/or familiarisation papers.
What was used in 2012. Was it missing letter, mcq or both.

PS, I am looking for a very good English/Literacy tutor for my Y4 son. Can a tutor from Coventry, Leamington, Rugby and Warwick PM me, please?

Alternatively, can any elevenplus members recommend one to me by PM.

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Legitimate tutors are welcome to advertise their services properly on our website. Please see below.

Note:
  • • Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by clicking here

• Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now