Brum Mum

Good Luck...

Post by Brum Mum »

to those DC taking their test tomorrow!

Hope it goes well :)
Fatnorville

Re: Good Luck...

Post by Fatnorville »

My DS is taking the test tomorrow. Sorry for not responding sooner but have been avoiding this thread just in case I stumble upon anything which gives him an unfair advantange on Saturday....

However, thanks for your best wishes! DS doesn't need it, but his dad certainly does. I'm a nervous wreck.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Fatnorville wrote:My DS is taking the test tomorrow. Sorry for not responding sooner but have been avoiding this thread just in case I stumble upon anything which gives him an unfair advantange on Saturday....
Good luck Fatnorville's DS - and I think we've been v discreet :)

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Fatnorville wrote:My DS is taking the test tomorrow. Sorry for not responding sooner but have been avoiding this thread just in case I stumble upon anything which gives him an unfair advantange on Saturday....
Good luck Fatnorville's DS - and I think we've been v discreet :)

JD
This :D
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Just came back from Stratford.

DS found the test 'fine' (which is his bog standard answer for most things), the only issue was the lack of time for some sections meant that he didn't answer all the questions, but he was happy with the answers that he gave.

I think there might be another round of testing next week so I will not say too much...not that I got much info from DS.

Right. Who is going to start the results thread?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Glad it's all over for your DS.

I believe the last test day is the 17th.

Results day seems ages away :(
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Blimey, they're stringing it out aren't they!? But then I guess, if you're ill on the day you need another chance.

Reading around the other boards, I'm quite shocked at the number of DCs who come out of their tests upset and in tears. I saw nothing of this at our centre - yes, a few looked 'stunned' but there was no crying etc. Is Warks unusual in this? Or was it just in our area - is this more common in Stratford / Alcester / Rugby???

JD
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

There was a fair bit of crying at Bishop Veasey (sp?) last week, both parents and kids. Stratford in comparison seemed far more relaxed.

For the Bham tests parents have to part from their kids outside the school, which I felt caused a lot of anxiety. Warks allow parents into the exam room to settle their kids. That said my DS asked me to leave early!

Just discovered that we are on holiday when the results come out. Warks have previously e-mailed results to parents in this situation. This is something I might need to invoke...
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

I didn't see any children or parents crying either. I had heard about the children having to be left by parents - I thought it was a bit harsh - they're only 10 after all.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

DS asked DH to leave too, Fatnorville! He was happy with his mates and Dad was cramping his style :lol:

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now