Additional test days?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Brum Mum

Additional test days?

Post by Brum Mum »

I called Warks admissions this morning with a query and was told that there were to be additional dates for the 11 plus for DC's who had been ill etc. I mentioned that the website said that the last test date was 17 September and the person I spoke to said that there were more dates?

Having said that, she was a bit scatty.

... She did say that a total of 1970 had taken the test so far.
Okanagan

Re: Additional test days?

Post by Okanagan »

There is always the chance of a few late tests, due to people moving in to the area, or prolonged illness at the time of the test. Or just applying late. Other than for reasons of illness, the others would be treated as late applications and wouldn't usually be eligible for places on the initial round of allocations in March. But they would subsequently be able to join the waiting list for any places which were not taken up.

It's only a slight - about 2% - rise on last year, when IIRC there were about 1940 who actually took the test (as always there are some who register for it, but then don't actually sit it). Last year I think there were only about a dozen who took it after the second reserve date.

So given that there is about a 2% increase in candidates, scores required for entry might rise by perhaps a couple of points for the Southern area schools. (It's a bit more complicated on the East where they seem to have reversed the order of the priority areas for this year's admissions, which will probably have a bigger effect than the extra candidates, although last year's cutoff was set above the level where sufficient candidates qualified anyway, which complicates things even further.)
Brum Mum

Re: Additional test days?

Post by Brum Mum »

That's really interesting - I thought (obviously incorrectly), that the 17th would be the cut off.

Its reassuring to hear that there is so small an increase in candidates this year - I had convinced myself that there was a massive increase :roll:

Thanks!