Entry Advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sagejmf

Entry Advice

Post by sagejmf »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone out there can advise me on whether or not my son will be offered a place at LSS as I am not sure how it works. He is currently provisionally ranked 117 out of 379 (2 other applicants achieved this score), 403 out of 986 (all boys), 762 out of 1963 (all children). His overall standardised score was 207 and he scored a total of 311 points. We live in the East priority area 1.

Can someone please advise?

Many Thanks
Okanagan

Re: Entry Advice

Post by Okanagan »

sagejmf wrote:Hi

I was wondering if anyone out there can advise me on whether or not my son will be offered a place at LSS as I am not sure how it works. He is currently provisionally ranked 117 out of 379 (2 other applicants achieved this score), 403 out of 986 (all boys), 762 out of 1963 (all children). His overall standardised score was 207 and he scored a total of 311 points. We live in the East priority area 1.
Last year LSS's qualifying score was the equivalent of 207 for the inner area / 216 for the outer area but they only offered down to the 106th ranked Eastern area boy. This year the order of the priority areas has changed, which ought to have meant that the inner area score would go up and the outer area score down. But because they didn't set it low enough to offer all the places last year, it will probably just mean that the outer area score comes down.

207 is probably going to be marginal (it's my bet for this years AQS), but there were 19 places (i.e. almost 10%) reoffered after the 1st of March offer day last year, so I'd suspect there's a good chance of a place before September even if you won't know for certain when the offers go out in March.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now