Changes to admissions?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JamesDean

Changes to admissions?

Post by JamesDean »

Does anyone know if there were any changes made to future admissions arrangements at the Cabinet meeting today? Okanagan, you are our font of all knowledge - do you have any info for those of us with DC still to go through the 11+ in Warwickshire? :?

Cheers,

JD
guest201

Re: Changes to admissions?

Post by guest201 »

Ashlawn have published a consultation for admissions in 2015, exam seems to still be in Sept (6th) and they are proposing the pupil premium business.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Ashlawn have just had an outstanding ofsted! Outstanding for their sixth form too!

What I like most about it is the teachers. Positive, ambitious teachers who believe in my children - at least - and push them - and help them - it's not perfect but I think it's a really good school. Kids say they don't care if their school is outstanding or not, but I'm sure they do.

The thing all kids hate is the coats (no blazers, just shell suit sort of material jackets, horrid). Many dc have refused to wear them - and they've won - they can now wear their own coats until February. I guess that is irrelevant to the ofsted report :D
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Nothing about any change to the exam. But the draft admissions arrangements (about half way down the document) does state 6th September as the provisional 11+ date, with 13th and 16th as back up dates. All those are "TBC" though so it doesn't tell us much more
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Okanagan wrote:Nothing about any change to the exam. But the draft admissions arrangements (about half way down the document) does state 6th September as the provisional 11+ date, with 13th and 16th as back up dates. All those are "TBC" though so it doesn't tell us much more

....it tells me that I don't ever want to be a councillor....how many pages about a pelican crossing?!!!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

KES's consultation is out now - http://www.kes.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... tation.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't look much different to this year's, and the test dates are in September 2014 ...

Nothing on AGS's website so far, and I haven't looked at Shottery's.

JD