School day timings for KES and AGS please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yamin151

School day timings for KES and AGS please?

Post by Yamin151 »

What time does KES in particular finish please? Doesn't seem to say on website! And what time do they have to be in in the mornings please?
Also, teachers obviously only around until buses picked up, but in reality does that give 10-15 mins after school finishes for mum to be late? (Two to pick up, prob diff schools, but bus journey from kes 1 hour plus vs 20 mins car!)

Thank you :)
serendippyty

Re: School day timings for KES and AGS please?

Post by serendippyty »

KES finishes at 3.50 or 3.55pm I think (my son is there but I really have no idea!) and AGS (where my other son goes) is 3.45pm I think. Secondary schools don't really supervise children once they leave on the basis they are old enough to take care of themselves but obviously there are staff on site if any issues. I have four at four different schools so I feel your pain with regard to different drop off/collections. The easiest thing is to arrange transport for secondaries so they are self sufficient, with either a bus pass, cycling or walking dependent on where you live - the bus can be a great social time!

By the way, lots of buses from KES don't leave until much later so there are always boys hanging round town. I would arrange to collect your son from somewhere like outside Macdonalds as lots get the buses from round there so he can hang out with friends whilst he waits. My son cycles and is rarely home before 4.45 as he is hanging out with friends and chatting to the Shottery girls!

I think school starts at 8.50am for both? Or thereabouts?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

KES day is 8.45 (I think!) - (first lesson starts at 9.10 but they have registration first). Most buses drop off around 8.30 so there is plenty of time to still get to school from town, if the buses are running late. School finishes at 3.55pm (unless they are on sports afternoon when they finish at Manor Road at 3.30pm to give them time to change and walk back into town for buses). My son's bus leaves at 4.20 so there is plenty of time to get to the bus stop.

School is very clear that you must not drive into the car park at the end of the day and do not encourage people picking up from right outside as it is a one way road, with cars parked and lots of boys all leaving at around 4pm so I would advise you work out somewhere slightly less congested to collect. Obviously there are some days where there are sports activities prior to school (start around 8) and clubs after school (Finish usually at 5.15) which are not covered by school buses, so you have to get them there under your own steam and at your own cost.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thank you. Just seems so late for him to get back as he'll only be just over 11 and other son in different school. Picking up from somewhere away from school good plan though. Love the social idea but he is not as gregarious as my other son, so do I leave him to sink or swim, or 'rescue'????
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now