Ashlawn selective less places than Lawrence Sheriff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Janeymorris

Re: Ashlawn selective less places than Lawrence Sheriff

Post by Janeymorris »

We'll I had a very long chat with a lady at admissions about it, and she definitely advised that they would fill the Ashlawn with 1st preference for those over the AQS for Ashlawn as per inner and outer criteria, and those places not filled by that criteria would then go to those meeting it who have it as second choice, for example if only 8 children met AQS for Ashlawn inner , leaving 7 places these would be allocated to 2 nd choicers who didn't get LSS or ashlawn. Otherwise those who put Ashlawn 1st and got AQS wouldn't get places.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Equal Preference - all your choices are considered equal. You will be placed in a list for each school that you apply and each list will be ranked strictly according to the over subscription criteria without regard to CAF preference . Your preference only comes into play once the school lists have been complied because then the LA will then offer you a place at the highest ranked school for which you qualify.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Plus I can only assume that as the schools / LA's don't release the AQS in advance, it is set retrospectively after they have allocated all of their places or they have allocated most of their places and they want to go to waiting lists etc and they know score they want to set.

So I don't think there is a risk of a child selecting a school on their CAF form, qualifying for the AQS and not getting a place, as by (my) definition above I think the AQS is set at the level of the lowest scoring child who was offered a place during the first round of allocations.

But I have been wrong in the past and I reserve the right to be wrong again in the future!
lordloss

Post by lordloss »

Once again, thanks to you all for your comments and advice, fingers crossed for tomorrow :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now