Music lessons at KES?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yamin151

Music lessons at KES?

Post by Yamin151 »

Very very VERY tired boy today. Overwhelmed with info. Any other Year 7 parents there

1. Did they get info regarding music lessons? He thinks they were mentioned but nothing written in his bag and he has no recall when his lesson will be :roll:

2. THe My Homework portal thingy, he says thye are not logged on yet, does that sound right?

Cheers, trying to be terribly positive in front of him but I have to say I am tired and overwhelmed too! Roll on Thing 1 tomorrow! :|
serendippyty

Re: Music lessons at KES?

Post by serendippyty »

I can't help with music lessons as my son has never done any at KES but he is year 10 and hasn't got his log in for the homework thingy yet either I don't think.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thank you, I know its a new thing so just not up and running yet. Do they get used to the school quickly? Its so full on today!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

DS2 came home with a huge grin on his face and shirt flapping in the wind!! But he is shattered and can't remember all the things they were told either.

From past memory, music lessons change each week so that boys don't miss the same lesson every week. I think they put the lesson timetable up in the music corridor - i think the lesson might be on the same day each week though - I'm a bit vague as ds1 got a break-time slot so he was one of the only ones who didn't have a changeable lesson.

You can have a look at the homework website without a log in and there is stuff on there already - I would think that, unless the kids have specifically been told they have homework tonight, that it will be introduced properly to them before they are expected to use it - I think the Head's briefing said we would get some info this weekend. Certainly ds2 doesn't seem to think he has anything to do! I have suggested that he write things in his planner anyway, when he is given stuff.

It is a big change for all of them and obviously some boys will cope better than others, initially. For example, some boys have had a lot more independence so the buses won't phase them; some are more confident so are happy to make mistakes and ask questions if they don't understand something; some have been at pre-season rugby so have made a few more friends. For most they have to get through a full 2 week timetable so they work out "good" days and not so good ones, before they feel more settled - they will have done the rounds of all the rooms and been to Standards Evening so will know what is expected of them.

He'll settle eventually - very few boys leave because they really don't like it!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

DS knows nothing of the music lessons, but the homework timetable is here:

https://kes.showmyhomework.co.uk/school ... s/calendar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:DS knows nothing of the music lessons, but the homework timetable is here:

https://kes.showmyhomework.co.uk/school ... s/calendar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JD
THank you JD, interestingly, Year 7 isn't on the drop down menu yet, so maybe DS was right, and they won't populate it until told a little more.

KCG Thanks a million, very reassuring, DS is a little chap and has always been ferried to and from his tiny tiny 100 pupil primary, with his twin, so he is bound to have all that extra phasing him too - add in an hour bus journey (though we will halve that) and a walk through town on his own, no wonder he is a little overwhelmed and he did very well considering!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yamin151 wrote:THank you JD, interestingly, Year 7 isn't on the drop down menu yet, so maybe DS was right, and they won't populate it until told a little more.
Hmmm, when I click the link I can see that 7E have English homework .... :?

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Strange. I must try again. Knew about the homework though, fortunately!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:THank you JD, interestingly, Year 7 isn't on the drop down menu yet, so maybe DS was right, and they won't populate it until told a little more.
Hmmm, when I click the link I can see that 7E have English homework .... :?

JD
Yep, got 7e but not 7jh
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Remember that each class actually has 2 names: there is. 7K, 7E and 7S....7S is also known as 7BS, so 7K or 7E will be attached to 7JH (think the other one is 7EM?) The KES goes up with them to Y8 when they go into vertical tutor groups (ie lose the BS, JH, etc personal tutor for a house vertical tutor group but are still taught in the K,E,S classes so 7S will become 8S)

If you look at the front of your induction pack, you will have both the names for your sons class! I am sure all will be revealed on Friday!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now