Tutors for Rugby

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

Rugby Mum - I know of several tutors in Rugby. You will often find them in Yellow pages or local papers. However, if your child is bright enough to enjoy grammar school they will not need a year of 11+ preparation. I appreciate that this post might annoy the tutors out there! Probably of more use if boarderline would be extra tutuion in maths & English. Lots of reading with an adult to increase vocabulary. Lots of times tables & number bonds. I wouldn't think it necessary to start 11+ preparation before Easter. You can DIY, even better is to get a group of about 3 parents & children (of similar ability) & do it together. Much more fun for everybody!!
Sassie'sDad

Tutors

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Disagree with this it is Sophistry!
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Hi Sassie's Dad, why do you consider this to be sophistry...............?

Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Have wandered around the supermarket gently simmering. Thought I was angry but have decided that, actually, I am feeling a bit hurt. Why does Sassie's Dad's attack on Guest make me feel this way? You've guessed it - 'twas me - the day before I registered with this fabulous forum.

I have to take issue with your post Sassie's Dad. The point of this forum (so I understand) is for people to join together and help each other by sharing knowledge, experience and friendship. I'm sorry, but your post seems to benefit nobody. You express an opinion but do not explain why you feel this way. Is it based on experience or a gut instinct? Either is perfectly valid, but your simple sentence does beg some explanation. How does such a bald statement help anyone?

I can guarantee that my post was not sophistry. It was exactly what I did with my daughter. Well almost - we didn't start preparation until after the summer half term. And does it work? You bet! All 3 children in our little informal study group were allocated their chosen schools. It may not work for everyone, but we had a 100% record.
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

sophistry n : a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone [syn: sophism]
I must confe55 I had to look up this word :oops:
Charlotte67 wrote: You express an opinion but do not explain why you feel this way. Is it based on experience or a gut instinct? Either is perfectly valid, but your simple sentence does beg some explanation. How does such a bald statement help anyone?
yes, I can see why you feel confused and upset by Sassie's Dad's comment.

Is he implying that you know of tutors but but don't consider them nece55ary at a11 for 11+ prep and in saying so, you are trying to fool anyone looking for a tutor?

Maybe I am interpreting it incorrectly as I don't know where he is coming from, just as he did not know where you were coming from, Charlotte67.

wi11 just have to await his response....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now