OSA rejects objections to LSS Admission Arrangements

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loopylou

Re: OSA rejects objections to LSS Admission Arrangements

Post by loopylou »

I just typed a reply to a previous comment which was either deleted or edited and cut short so I will delete my responses to the quotes from that but leave the summary which was:

It is no good objecting to a body concerned with the correct implementation of admission laws about the content of admission laws.
What the Objector basically said was: he doesn't like admissions laws which allow lower scoring children to get places at grammar schools (via catchment area or Pupil Premium criteria) over higher scoring children. This is a point many others share BUT it isn't a point the law agrees with so therefore the Adjudicator didn't either.
For the same reason, appeals will not be won if parents attend to say their child was denied a place purely because a lower scoring child qualifying for PP got in. The appeal panel will (rightly) say that the admissions criteria were implemented correctly. It doesn't matter that some parents may think the PP criteria are unfair. They are legally acceptable (and encouraged).

The Objector should address his concerns to his MP or somebody in a position to challenge the law itself not to a body which ensures those laws are upheld
At present, the law and the Adjudicator are very clear: catchment areas are permitted and entry of PP children on lower scores is both acceptable and legal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now