Results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

serendippyty

Re: Results 2014

Post by serendippyty »

They weren't due to be posted until today so all still on track hopefully for them to arrive tomorrow or the next day.
laurajd

Post by laurajd »

serendippyty wrote:They weren't due to be posted until today so all still on track hopefully for them to arrive tomorrow or the next day.
I had end of week in my head to be honest, but just want this over with - 2 years on the trot we've gone through this so ready for there to be no more 11+ talk in our home :)
Graham

Post by Graham »

why don't they e-mail results out?
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Graham wrote:why don't they e-mail results out?
No idea but they don't have email addresses at this stage do they? I know when we register for places we get the option for email notification in March but when you apply for the 11+, at the moment we do not give email addresses from what I remember. Maybe something for the future.
gillw

Post by gillw »

A friend has rung Warwickshire Council and they have advised the letters are being posted today.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If the last couple of years are anything to go by, the results are only posted out. You will usually get about 2 full pages and it takes a bit of looking to actually find the relevant information for your child, as Warwickshire are one county that tries to give you as much information as possible. Assuming they use a similar weighting system to last year, then the score is likely to be in the 200s (rather than in the 300s as in the year before last year). But who knows!

The key thing to look for is your child's rank in the gender appropriate area you live in. IE for us it was the rank of boys in the Southern Priority Circle. We needed it to be 81 or better (ie 81 or a lower rank which indicated having scored higher) for a definite place at KES, although, as I have said before, the last couple of years I think it has gone down to about rank 126 for KES.

You will get given the PANs for each school so that you can work out how safe or not your rank is. If anyone wants help deciphering their results sheets when they come out, please do ask - either on here or by PM - there are enough of us here that have gone through it before.

But please do be sensitive if posting any scores/ranks openly on the forum - no silly "My ds has been ranked 3rd boy over all, how likely am I to get a place at KES?" questions as they only come across as boasting, which can be very difficult for people whose children have not been successful.

Most of all - good luck, keep a sense of perspective, they are JUST schools and any child with the type of support found from parents who usually frequent this type of forum will do well wherever they go, Grammar School or not.
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

thanks kenyancowgirl.
I was confused by looking at the table of previous years scores etc on the other thread I am a bit daunted by wondering if I will understand my DS's letter when it arrives.
I hope I understand enough to look in the correct priority circle! :lol:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

It is very straightforward to read, Mum1115, just difficult to explain! :lol:
And it'll only give the rankings for the priority area you are in, so you won't need to worry about that one ...

Can't believe the wait you've all had this year - hang on in there, everyone, you're in my thoughts.

JD
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

Thanks JamesDean :D
That's great.
WMMum

Post by WMMum »

Hi

I found this forum in the long wait from the exam in September, but have not felt knowledgeable enough to contribute until now. I asked Warwickshire admissions services about the number of pupils who have taken the exam this year and was told that it was similar to the previous years with just over 2000 children, so not the large jump in numbers they seem to have experienced in Birmingham (from what I read on one of their threads).

I hope this wait ends soon, good luck to everyone and fingers crossed for tomorrow.