Results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JamesDean

Re: Results 2014

Post by JamesDean »

Yes - it'll say how many in total took the test and then where your DC ranks in the various categories (1st to 1900+th!). There are also often more than child with the same rank, so the letter will also tell you how many share the rank with your DC. Last year, the rank was far more helpful than the score as they changed the weightings of each section so it couldn't be compared with previous years :(

JD
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

thank you.
That does sound useful :D
I wish birmingham did the same
Gladitsallover

Post by Gladitsallover »

A silly question I'm sure but re: the rankings which 'rank' would I need to look at for my DS who is keen to go to KES - we are in the South Warks circle so I guess it would be the South boys ranking that is really important but I could easily be completely wrong!

Thank you and good luck to all who are waiting :)
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Gladitsallover wrote:A silly question I'm sure but re: the rankings which 'rank' would I need to look at for my DS who is keen to go to KES - we are in the South Warks circle so I guess it would be the South boys ranking that is really important but I could easily be completely wrong!
No, you're completely right, Gladitsallover! You'll need a S Warks boys ranking of 81 or below to be sure, but like I said before, some of those 81 boys won't put KES on the CAF so you can add a few more onto that rank ...

JD
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Life would be so much easier for us at this time of the year if our dear friend Okanagan was about. She pretty much had the answers to everything 11+ related and I recall single-handedly ran the show whilst dps were losing their minds with worry results-time. Is she still involved with the forum?
Gladitsallover

Post by Gladitsallover »

Thank you JD - unlikely to be looking at a ranking anything like 81 or less but nice to know where I should be looking at least!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Yes - the letter will have their position overall, their position in southern/eastern area and their position amingst the girls or boys depending on gender.

So as a rough estimate, in Southern Area, if you work on KES having I think 84 places or something? Then Shottery have 112 I think and then AGS have 120, then if you are a girl and are in the top 180 then you are pretty certain to have a place, top 200 would be pretty likely then you get the grey area of 200-250 (my son was 225th in the boys 2 years ago and got in from the waiting list in May).

That's basically the rough boundaries I look at and boys are slightly tighter as less places. BUT putting the Grammars first regardless is no issue as it does not prejudice your chances for schools further down the list.
gillw

Post by gillw »

Thanks for the replies, really useful & helpful information.

Now, we just need that letter!...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I think in the last couple of years the last entry to KES has been ranked around 126, if memory serves me correctly - ie some of the boys ranked above the 81 PAN opted to go to Alcester/Private/elsewhere. KES only have 81 spaces but have three additional spaces for appeal so there will be a total of 84 in the year group in September.
Gladitsallover

Post by Gladitsallover »

That's brilliant - thank you all - this is my first time through the process and it's so daunting - and my second DS will take the exam next September so feel like I'm in this for the long haul either way!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now