Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gillw

Re: Allocations Thread 2015

Post by gillw »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
JamesDean wrote:
gillw wrote:This may be a stupid question, but we applied via Worcestershire, so will the offer come from Worcs or directly from Warwickshire?
If it comes from Worcs, would we accecpt via Worcs as well?
Ooo, Gill, you might get yours at midnight on the 1st then! Worcs updated their website at that time last year, so they may do so this year as well :)

And yes, the offer will come from your home authority, so accept their offer and they will pass it on to Warks admissions.

JD

Although, if you can also get hold of Warwickshire, I would call them and let them know that you are accepting the place through Worcestershire - if memory serves me correctly there were a couple of LEA's last year that "forgot" to pass on out of county acceptances.... :oops: It did get sorted in the end but was quite stressful for those that were involved!
Thanks to both for the replies and advice. I plan to call Worcs to ensure they receive the acceptance and also Warcs to ensure Worcs have passed on the details. :D

Does anyone know if Worcs notify our daughters current Middle School that she is leaving or do we need to notify them? (all subject to us getting the offer we want of course :) )
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Although, if you can also get hold of Warwickshire, I would call them and let them know that you are accepting the place through Worcestershire - if memory serves me correctly there were a couple of LEA's last year that "forgot" to pass on out of county acceptances.... :oops: It did get sorted in the end but was quite stressful for those that were involved!
They also didn't recognise Warwick postcodes as being in Warwickshire :oops:

JD
WMMum

Post by WMMum »

How are everyone coping with the waiting? I could do with some strategies, now I get constant comments or questions about what secondary school DD is going to. Is it just me or does this come up in conversations with everyone from neighbours to work colleagues?
Mem

Post by Mem »

Gillw and any other Worcs parents, I've just logged into my account on the Worcs cc website (just testing my password :lol: ) and the website states that school offer places will be updated on 1/3/2015....so it looks like we may know Sunday.

Seems a bit unfair if Warks parents have to wait until Monday, will share any useful info.
Dr_Dad

Post by Dr_Dad »

(just testing my password :lol: )
Of course you were Mem... Looks like you will get first dibs on the information available, sincerely hope it is what you want - please share !

Just reflecting on the fact that there is a large pile of envelopes in the post room at WCC waiting to be picked up by the Post Office. If any posties are reading this, any chance of an early 2nd class delivery please ?
gillw

Post by gillw »

Mem wrote:Gillw and any other Worcs parents, I've just logged into my account on the Worcs cc website (just testing my password :lol: ) and the website states that school offer places will be updated on 1/3/2015....so it looks like we may know Sunday.

Seems a bit unfair if Warks parents have to wait until Monday, will share any useful info.

Ooh, thank you. Will look Sunday.
covkid

Post by covkid »

Just checked Coventry admissions website and the results will appear on the 2nd March - so does that mean they will be there after midnight on 1st March or during the working hours on Monday?
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Dr_Dad wrote:Just reflecting on the fact that there is a large pile of envelopes in the post room at WCC waiting to be picked up by the Post Office. If any posties are reading this, any chance of an early 2nd class delivery please ?
My team are based on the same floor as admissions - believe me, to took all my powers of restraint not to pay them a visit this time last year! :wink:

JD
Dr_Dad

Post by Dr_Dad »

JamesDean wrote:
Dr_Dad wrote:Just reflecting on the fact that there is a large pile of envelopes in the post room at WCC waiting to be picked up by the Post Office. If any posties are reading this, any chance of an early 2nd class delivery please ?
My team are based on the same floor as admissions - believe me, to took all my powers of restraint not to pay them a visit this time last year! :wink:
Don't fancy a little wander now do you ? :mrgreen:
Mem

Post by Mem »

Just reflecting on the fact that there is a large pile of envelopes in the post room at WCC waiting to be picked up by the Post Office. If any posties are reading this, any chance of an early 2nd class delivery please ?
Ooh so tantalisingly close :)