2015 Shottery Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MasterR

Re: 2015 Shottery Girls

Post by MasterR »

Thanks for the invite to this thread hunday! I am so relieved dd has got an offer for sggs! We accepted straightaway lol! Looking forward to the welcome pack, etc from sggs.

Will anyone be travelling from warwick? We live in chase meadow (near the racecourse)
gillw

Post by gillw »

MasterR wrote:Thanks for the invite to this thread hunday! I am so relieved dd has got an offer for sggs! We accepted straightaway lol! Looking forward to the welcome pack, etc from sggs.

Will anyone be travelling from warwick? We live in chase meadow (near the racecourse)
Welcome to the thread!

We will be travelling from Redditch. My wife will take our DD by car. Just got to do a couple of practice runs to get timings :D
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Lots of DC travel from Warwick to Stratford every day - she definitely won't be alone, MasterR :)

JD
MasterR

Post by MasterR »

Thanks gillw and jamesdean. Yeah will look into bus routes - early start though as i think bus leaves around 7.30 :? But may take dd by car for first week or so.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

MasterR wrote:Thanks gillw and jamesdean. Yeah will look into bus routes - early start though as i think bus leaves around 7.30 :? But may take dd by car for first week or so.
DS's bus (allegedly) goes through Warwick bus station at just past 8am, MasterR, so if she's catching one on the Stratford Rd then it'll be later than that :)

There are at least 3 different buses each morning, so there's plenty of choice from your side of town. DS and his friends often arrange to catch the same one - its very social with the girls too!

What we did last year when DS had an inset day, was take the bus into Stratford. The plan was that he take the bus, and DD and I follow him in the car. It didn't quite work out (!), but we learned some very valuable lessons and he has enjoyed taking the bus.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info :)

JD
Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Thank you Hunday, such a relief!
We feel very lucky, I think Shottery will suit Dd very well.
Her NVR was a disaster, which was very out of character, all came good in the end thank goodness!
She has been boinging round like tigger!!
MasterR

Post by MasterR »

Thanks Jamesdean - its good to know that there's choice of buses then! I called the bus operator and the lady mentioned 7.31am bus from warwick bus station which comes to shakespeare ave at around 7.35 (which is closest stop to us); but also 7.58am from
Stratford road, outside hilton hotel which doesnt go to sggs but goes to stratford college and so theres a 10 min walk to sggs from there (apparently across fields so will need to check routes out).

I like the idea of following by car too for a day or 2! :)
gillw

Post by gillw »

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy any of the school uniform at the Parents welcome evening on 22nd June?
WMMum

Post by WMMum »

Welcome MasterR and Forgetmenot, we look forward to meeting you and your DDs on the 22nd June if not before. We will probably visit on the open day as well just because it is so long ago since we visited.

Gillw, the letter we received mentions ‘look at the uniform and a nearly-new uniform sale’ but I don’t know if the uniform supplier will be there.

I dropped the data sheet in today and it was really nice to feel that we now belong with the school.
gillw

Post by gillw »

We are in two minds as to whether to go to the open evening. We can't remember parts of the school as we looked at others at the same time & they have all blurred into one memory, so it would be really good to look around again.

On the other hand, we feel a bit quilty as its for next year's intake.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now