LSS pupil premium,did it exist?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Janeymorris

LSS pupil premium,did it exist?

Post by Janeymorris »

I have a teaching colleague who was asking me this question as she had a pupil who achieved a very commendable score 5 points behind LSS AQS but wasn't offered a place. Did any pupil premium places get offered (I thought they were going to offer some 10 points below, but from the results the lowest place offered was the AQS). Was it just a PR exercise??.
hermanmunster

Re: LSS pupil premium,did it exist?

Post by hermanmunster »

I. Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority (under
Section 22 of the Children Act 1989) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be
so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special
guardianship order) who achieve the qualifying score or above.
II. Up to 55 pupils living in the Eastern Area of Warwickshire* using the following method of
prioritisation:
a. Pupils living in the Eastern Area of Warwickshire who would be eligible for the Pupil
Premium/Service Children Premium who achieve the qualifying score or above.
b. Children living in the Eastern Area of Warwickshire* who achieve the qualifying score or
above.III. Up to 55 places will be allocated to children living in the priority circle (the centre of
which is the Rugby Water Tower) who achieve the qualifying score or above using the
following method of prioritisation:
a. Pupils who would be eligible for the Pupil Premium/Service Children Premium, living in
the priority circle (the centre of which is the Rugby Water Tower), who achieve the
qualifying score or above.
b Children living in the priority circle (the centre of which is the Rugby Water Tower) who
achieve the qualifying score or above.
IV. Up to 10 places will be allocated to pupils who were eligible for the Pupil
Premium/Service Children/Children in Care/Children Adopted from Care Premium at the
point of the October 2014 census, living in the Eastern area of Warwickshire or the priority
circle, whose scores are between one and ten marks below the qualifying score for entry to
the school
Hmm reads a bit like the PP pupils get places if they get over the AQS ahead of non PP (if there are not enough places). Then in section IV there are "up to " 10 places for those just with PP just below the AQS - could be that all the places went on sections I-III. ???
Janeymorris

Re: LSS pupil premium,did it exist?

Post by Janeymorris »

But according to the above they should have been offered in preference to out of catchment, perhaps there were 10 PP children on 208 that got places 1 mark under AQS (hence lowest score offered 1 mark under)!! not convinced.