AGS Student from Bidford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
itwo

AGS Student from Bidford

Post by itwo »

Hi, Our DD got a place in AGS and we are planning to move to Bidford before Sep. We wanted to make sure she can get a place on school bus before we finalize our move.
Called-up school transport section at Warwick council but they wouldn't guarantee a place on the bus.
I found there are several buses from Bidford to AGS (134, 240, 242, 249) with stops on Waterloo road.
Any DCs here taking school transport from Bidford to AGS, how easy or difficult is it to get a place on the school bus.
Any challenges using school bus? I can think of... difficulty attending any after-school clubs, early start to catch the bus... Any information is appreciated.
ToadMum

Re: AGS Student from Bidford

Post by ToadMum »

Sorry, this is just a question out of idle curiosity :) . Are your school buses free or at least heaps cheaper than child season tickets on the public services? If there are lots of normal bus services - assuming suitable timetabling of course - I personally wouldn't go for a 'one journey each way' option. (Our DC don't have the option of a 'school' bus, but we were canvassed about the possible introduction of a local service to one of their schools and it was way more expensive than the other sibling's normal bus season ticket, let alone the relevant ones' discount rail seasons :shock: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

ToadMum wrote:... public services?
:lol: The what now?? Sorry, Toadmum, but these are few and far between in south Warks villages.

To the OP, sorry I have no knowledge of your likely hood of getting a seat - its a bit of lottery I think. Others may have a better idea than me ...

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Half of Bidford is in warwickshire, so check your council tax. If you pay to warks cc then you should qualify for a free bus pass. You can phone the council, they are really helpful. If you are in the worcs bit of bidford then yes you'd have to pay, if a space was available. Suspect it would be as buses not very busy from the close villages (one of my boys catches one from alcester to KES.). As for cost, I looked at buses run by stagecoach and their term time only bus pass was much much cheaper. But again, you need to check each service and where your child would gets off as end stance makes a difference too.
itwo

Post by itwo »

yamin151 thanks for the information. I will call council to get more info.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now