Waiting list 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hunday

Re: Waiting list 2015

Post by Hunday »

Congratulations Forgetmenot and MasterR, join us in the 2015 Shottery girls page.
A good nights sleep in your household tonight. Good luck to those still waiting.
Brodyhoop

Post by Brodyhoop »

Congrats Forgetmenot and MasterR!! Enjoy your good nights sleep!!! Looking up for us! Fingers crossed! :o
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Congrats to you two.
Brodyhoop - can only be a matter of a day or two until you hear. I'd be ringing them up!
Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Thank you all for your support, as you say Doobycoke it has been a great distraction!
Brodyhoop how are you? Have you had any movement on the list?
Doobycoke I really feel for you, last year the declines apparently came in much slower.
Hopefully there will be some on the waiting list who no longer want a place.
Best of luck!
dobspoon

Post by dobspoon »

Very little movement indeed on the list for KES places. It'll be a long wait if we stick it out. The dynamics seem to be a bit different between SGGS and KES on the lists even notwithstanding the (30-odd?) difference in number of places. From recent posts it seems that 176th/216 among girls has led to a place offered from the WL already whereas 144th/224 among boys leaves us well down at 26th in the list. Since we're not totally resolved about what we should do I guess that's a decision made for us...
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Likewise Dobspoon! With a score just one below the AQS for KES, I had assumed there would be a very good chance, but after the second round of offers our son's waiting list place is unchanged, he is still 13 on the list. I was told there were 4 declines, so presumably he went down 4 places first.
doobycoke

Post by doobycoke »

I don't know whether this holds true, but I have been considering the chance that maybe some Birmingham grammar schools might hold appeal to those who have accepted a place at KES / SGGS. So, if there is 'movement' in any of those (5 or so i think) grammars, that could affect available places for us? (Am I just being optimistic?!)

Hang on in there folks!! 8)
Brodyhoop

Post by Brodyhoop »

Hi Forgetmenot thanks for asking after us!!!! Err......it seems a little complicated!!!! An eventful week that I do not wholly understand!!! This week we received an offer from our 3rd choice ( KE Handsworth Girls) I called today to see if we had moved from third on our higher preference.. Alcester. They said they had contacted Worcestershire CC already to say they had a place to offer us now, but for some reason that has not been passed on and apparently Worcestershire CC are "deciding what to do with us?".. So they cannot offer us the place at Alcester even though Warwickshire said they have a place for us!! I don't understand as they are our higher choice?? Any way must not complain we are over joyed as we have gone from no offers on offer day for DD (her twin brother got his 1st choice - just to add insult to injury!!) to nearly 2!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Sympathise on the twin two at once thing, been there done that, it all worked out beautifully in the end, but of all the times your not want either once to feel less pleased than the other it's now!, looks like you are happily supplied with places, hope it all works out well for you.mine are at two different schools, one got the GS they both wanted, the other got another GS but then settled for a scholarship at an indie. Both seem to be in schools that really suit them and personally we are glad that they are separated for school (competitive twin boys!)
Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Hi Brodyhoop congratulations on your nearly 2 offers!?!
That really sounds mad, I'd ask to talk to the person in charge of the admissions office in both county's! Also maybe worth discussing with AGS too.
Lets hope they see sense in the end, let us know.
Yes must be so hard with twins, been hard enough for Dd with her older brother sailing in to KES 2 years ago and Dd having to cope with uncertainty since October.

I do really feel for you on the KES waiting list, to be honest we weren't expecting to be so high up the waiting list.
SGGS have increased from 112 places to 120 this year, otherwise we would still be waiting.
I think there are so many factors involved that it ends up being a great deal of luck.
I do wish all of you still waiting lots of luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now