Waiting list 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Forgetmenot

Waiting list 2015

Post by Forgetmenot »

My Dd has a score of 216 and was 3rd on waiting list for SGGS last Monday 9/3.
Trying really hard to resist calling admissions today to see where she is now!
I guess things can still alter today as it's the deadline for accepting/declining places so best to sit tight for now.
Oh! This waiting is so hard anyone else in the same boat?!
Brodyhoop

Re: Waiting list 2015

Post by Brodyhoop »

Hi yes I feel your pain, we are in the same boat we are 3rd on Alcester Grammar waiting list....trying hard not to phone!! Is the deadline at the end of the day or noon?
The last time I called admissions for her position the said 2nd round of offers probably would start coming out Wednesday, I guess it takes a little time to collate all replies?? :shock:
Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Ah! Thank you for replying. Pain is the right word!!
Oh, I rather hoped they'd start Tuesday but I guess you're right, hopefully a sign they have some declines to sort through?!
I was told last Monday to call Thursday or Friday this week.
Dd will be giving up a place at AGS if she eventually gets offered SGGS, so could help you out!
Would love to know if the waiting list has changed much since last week.
I will try and wait until Thursday...not sure my nerves can take this!
I do hope you hear good news soon.
Brodyhoop

Post by Brodyhoop »

Thank you!! Just out of interest are you not happy with AGS?? Any reasons or just Geography? Not much is said about AGS on here so welcome other people's views?
Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

We were thrilled Dd got offered AGS! It's a brilliant school, friends with children there love it and say it lives up to its outstanding Ofsted.
The facilities are fantastic too.
We would prefer SGGS purely as easier for me collecting from after school clubs.
Again we have friends with kids at SGGS who are equally happy and think it's a great school!
My Ds is at KES and gets most of the way home by public transport after staying for a club. Helps me out as not always well enough to collect from school.
There is no public transport in our direction from Alcester.
Kids would also be on same school bus which they've both said they'd like!
Did you get a chance to have a look round AGS?
Brodyhoop

Post by Brodyhoop »

Great thanks for your reply that's really helpful!!

We did go and look around and we absolutely loved it the facilities were great the children showing us around were so delightful etc etc but it seems so long ago now just good to have reassurance that we were not missing something as we do not know anyone who goes there or has been there! It would be a bit if a treck for us but I think it's worth it!

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I went; had an amazing time :)
That was a long time ago, but from friends who have DC there now it doesn't sound like much has changed - apart from a vast improvement in the facilities!

JD
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Brodyhoop - My DD is in Y7 there and we couldn't be happier with the place. As people say, the facilities are excellent, all the kids seem really nice and the teachers sound fab. Can't think of a single thing we would change. Really really impressed. We have DS starting there this September aswell.

For info, my DD was 17th on the waiting list for AGS initially, and we had to wait until July to get an offer - I am sure at 3rd you'll be hearing something in the next week or so - I know it's a tricky time!
Fingers crossed for both of you !
Brodyhoop

Post by Brodyhoop »

Thanks Sherlock1 that's really helpful!!! Fingers crossed! Hopefully see you there in September!!!
Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Yes thank you for your support Sherlock1 really kind of you and congratulations to your Ds!
Your posts on the waiting list last year really helped me to have an idea of what to expect! Glad it worked out so well for your Dd and you've avoided the same wait this year.
I have fingers crossed for you Brodyhoop and all of us waiting!!