2015 Shottery Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gillw

2015 Shottery Girls

Post by gillw »

I thought this thread may be useful for Parents whose DD's are starting at Shottery this September.

I know we have literally just had the offers, but we have already started to look at the uniform list. :lol: Has anyone worked out what we can buy elsewhere and what has to be purchased from the uniform shop?

Also, does anyone know what kind of inductions Shottery arrange?
We are planning to pop to this year's open day again for a brief look at the new hall & to let our DD have another look around.
WMMum

Re: 2015 Shottery Girls

Post by WMMum »

This is a great idea, gill. We are also going to revisit at the open day and I look forward to seeing everything again. Last time it was just so rushed. It might be worth trying to meet up some time before September. Haven't looked at uniform or anything else so far, but will have a good look around the website soon.
rockyroads

Post by rockyroads »

I have 2 DDs at Shottery and I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Last year Shottery sent an information pack explaining induction, uniform etc quite soon after we received our school choice in March. It was comprehensive and answered most of our questions.

Uniform can be purchased in Alcester or Warwick and is slightly cheaper in Alcester. I have managed to get school shirts on amazon even cheaper.

There is an induction day for the girls as well as an induction evening for parents and girls. On induction day there's lots of games and they get to meet up as a class.

Every year there is an event called Music at the manor in June which I would recommend. It's an informal event with a fete and the school jazz band playing and its nice to see the school in a relaxed setting.

I'm sure they will be very happy there. They seem to settle in and make friends quickly. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
gillw

Post by gillw »

rockyroads wrote:I have 2 DDs at Shottery and I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Last year Shottery sent an information pack explaining induction, uniform etc quite soon after we received our school choice in March. It was comprehensive and answered most of our questions.

Uniform can be purchased in Alcester or Warwick and is slightly cheaper in Alcester. I have managed to get school shirts on amazon even cheaper.

There is an induction day for the girls as well as an induction evening for parents and girls. On induction day there's lots of games and they get to meet up as a class.

Every year there is an event called Music at the manor in June which I would recommend. It's an informal event with a fete and the school jazz band playing and its nice to see the school in a relaxed setting.

I'm sure they will be very happy there. They seem to settle in and make friends quickly. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Hi, thanks for posting. Your info is really useful. We thought we might be able to get the shirts cheaper as well as I don't believe they need their initials embroidered on them.

The induction days days sound fun. Our DD is looking forward to it. She won't know anyone there & we hope she can make some new friends quickly.
gillw

Post by gillw »

WMMum wrote:This is a great idea, gill. We are also going to revisit at the open day and I look forward to seeing everything again. Last time it was just so rushed. It might be worth trying to meet up some time before September. Haven't looked at uniform or anything else so far, but will have a good look around the website soon.
A meet up would be a really good idea. Anything like this will hopefully help our DDs settle in quickly & make new friends.
WMMum

Post by WMMum »

Thank you, rockyroads. THat is useful news and I might join my friends, who are all buying uniform for AGS, in their shopping trip.
Gillw, would be good to meet once we are nearer the summer, although it sounds like Shottery is also doing a good job at helping the new girls settle. Maybe we can exchange email addresses via pm here?
gillw

Post by gillw »

WMMum wrote:Thank you, rockyroads. THat is useful news and I might join my friends, who are all buying uniform for AGS, in their shopping trip.
Gillw, would be good to meet once we are nearer the summer, although it sounds like Shottery is also doing a good job at helping the new girls settle. Maybe we can exchange email addresses via pm here?
Sure, happy to do that. Hopefully we can arrange something once we hear from Shottery around inductions. :D
gillw

Post by gillw »

Anyone know of anybody who lives in Evesham and drives to Shottery. Interested to know what the journey is like and how long it takes.

Thanks.
WMMum

Post by WMMum »

We come from the south so cannot help, but hopefully someone will be able to answer your question soon. Look forward to meeting up once we receive the information from Shottery.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

If it were me I'd intend to go along the back way via sBidford and arrive at shottery that way, thus avoiding a lot of stratford traffic. It does get busy approaching stratford though, so suggest you aim to be there by 8.15/8.20 and then you will be at school by 8.30/8.35. Getting to bidford would only take 10 mins from North side of evesham (via evesham country park a46) but can't speak for Evesham traffic if you need to get through town first.