AGS Students travelling from Warwick Sep15 Car Share Anyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MissSparkle

AGS Students travelling from Warwick Sep15 Car Share Anyone?

Post by MissSparkle »

Hello. My DD has just been offered a place at AGS and we live in Warwick Gates. Hopefully she'll get a school bus place through the Vacant Seat Scheme, but if not I am very open to a car share arrangement. Anyone else open to it? Open to helping others around clubs etc as well. Let me know? :D
doobycoke

Re: AGS Students travelling from Warwick Sep15 Car Share Any

Post by doobycoke »

Hi there

We've spoken by text!
I'd be interested to lift share if the buses don't deliver. The Whitnash 140 is to become the 280 apparently (probably not double the seats though!) and you have to apply by 1 June to see if you can get a place.

Where are all the other Leam/Warwick AGS people?!

I think I will enquire at school if there is a list ...

We are still waiting on the waiting list for shottery ...I waiver between optimism and pessimism..

Hope you're all well...
MissSparkle

Post by MissSparkle »

Hello! How are you?
The 140 is to become the 280? Is the route changing or just the number?
My understanding is that we apply from the 1st June rather than by that date.
Am I mistaken?

Yes it would be useful to know where the 'others' are wouldn't it?
Glad all is well with you.

Hope things resolve themselves for you soon, limbo is not fun!
Take care, and warm wishes.
doobycoke

Post by doobycoke »

Hi there

I can't recall but when I phoned up about the 140, they said they would send a form that had to be completed. A critical date of 1 June but by or from now I can't recall! Sorry.... BUt yes it was changing to the 280 and they were at the time unsure of the route.

Helpful!

However, they asked for my address so they could send a form out. I think if you google the 140 service to alcester, there is a contact email address so you can drop them a line. (sorry I'm on work computer and i sent my message ffrom yahoo which I can't access from here)

We are in the process of moving house (sorry..) to make the commute for my two girls heading out to stratford / alcester easier. I think you should make a big Leam/Warwick banner and stand with it at the open evening in June! (or ask school for a way of reaching out to parents in this locality).

TAke care and hope to meet you in due course! (We remain on the WL for SGGS).....

C
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now