PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bob1892

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Post by Bob1892 »

Just relaying the earlier post in the Brum forum for our Warks friends as it may affect them as well:
I noticed in some regions that they've got threads about warning dps not to post details of the exam content.
So I thought it wise to reiterate the same for our region (plus Warks, as it's the same paper).
Be warned there will be posters moaning (with ulterior motives) why we shouldn't be posting info on the content plus you may have direct pm's from 'interested parties' wanting you to divulge info. We had this ourselves 3 years ago when our dd took the test.
Not providing any info to anyone (including your tutor if you have one) is the wisest thing to do following the test IMHO. There are late sitters as far as next January I believe so keep mum for a while.
I personally will be keeping things under my hat till then.
Feel free to relay any info to our friend KenR after next Jan I would say (although you may want to jot everything down just after the test next week because there's no way anyone will be able to remember what was in the test in 4 or 5 months' time)!
Sorry to sound drastic but your dc's chance of a place in a GS may be at stake!
Jason Orange

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Post by Jason Orange »

It's also fairly clear that Warwickshire are now taking a tough stance against those who do publish content. See the link below. I suspect the individual involved ended up with a fairly hefty bill:

http://www.teeslaw.co.uk/news-events/ne ... -case.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

How's the warks crowd holding up???
Gone quiet again- hope it's not because of last minute cramming :lol:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Why would a DP be daft enough to tell people the content, its surely putting their child's place at risk.

This may sound rather mean, but I'm not even posting any tips on doing the exam.

It's dog eat dog out there :lol:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Jason Orange wrote:It's also fairly clear that Warwickshire are now taking a tough stance against those who do publish content. See the link below. I suspect the individual involved ended up with a fairly hefty bill:

http://www.teeslaw.co.uk/news-events/ne ... -case.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good to see that WCC are still battling successfully with gideon...and interesting - and unsurprising - that despite all his bluff in the past, he has finally admitted that his ONLY motivation is financial gain....
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

No matter what, there are always people willing to act immorally for their own selfish financial gain.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

nervousmom wrote:Why would a DP be daft enough to tell people the content, its surely putting their child's place at risk.

This may sound rather mean, but I'm not even posting any tips on doing the exam.

It's dog eat dog out there :lol:
It always surprises me why dps would post content but it happens time and time again for some strange reason.
Hopefully moderators will be on the ball ( as they usually are to be fair to them).
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We do try to be on the ball, though unfortunately we have real lives as well.
There are times of the year when the forum is especially busy, and test time is one of them. It does mean we have a lot of posts to monitor in a short space of time.

However if you think someone has posted test content, please bring it to our attention by reporting the post. You may not get any acknowledgement from us but by reporting it it stand the best chance of been seen quickly by a mod who can then take any action required.

Thanks.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Hopefully moderators will be on the ball ( as they usually are to be fair to them).
Thank you! :oops:
However, as Tinkers points out, we are unable to check every single post on the forum, and have to rely on members to report anything that potentially breaches forum rules.

Sending an 'alert' to moderators is easy - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM. Image
Note that the default is "Offensive remarks". This can be changed via the drop down list to "Test content revealed inappropriately - forum members thought to be revealing test content without permission".

Our policy on test content is very clear:
13. "Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?"
Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters. As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.
No one should be posting any test content unless a moderator has agreed.
Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).
Copyright must be respected.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =9&t=29397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Jason Orange wrote:It's also fairly clear that Warwickshire are now taking a tough stance against those who do publish content. See the link below. I suspect the individual involved ended up with a fairly hefty bill:

Good to see that WCC are still battling successfully with gideon...and interesting - and unsurprising - that despite all his bluff in the past, he has finally admitted that his ONLY motivation is financial gain....
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke ... :wink:

JD
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now