Early results......what are the chances?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
booellesmum

Re: Early results......what are the chances?

Post by booellesmum »

Not waiting for results this year but I feel for all of you.
When the results came last year DD2 opened them before I got home from work. I saw the empty envelope in the hallway and almost didn't want to go into the lounge to see what her face looked like!
I was not expecting a good result - thought maybe just under 200.
She got 213 - borderline for SCGSG which she wanted and I was really pleased, but told her she was a ridiculous child (in a nice way) as now we had the long wait 'til March!!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I'm going to make sure I don't leave the house when I know results are coming.

We are last on our postman's round. They never come before 11, the other day it was 1.15pm.

Although I know where the postman starts his round and he says he's there about 9.30, I could always go and camp out and wait for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another question, why do these results come by post, surely a more efficient and cost effective way would be email?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

nervousmom wrote:I'm going to make sure I don't leave the house when I know results are coming.

We are last on our postman's round. They never come before 11, the other day it was 1.15pm.

Although I know where the postman starts his round and he says he's there about 9.30, I could always go and camp out and wait for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another question, why do these results come by post, surely a more efficient and cost effective way would be email?
NM- you'll be doing the 'steam opening the envelope and resealing with pritt stick' trick I see :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

nervousmom wrote:
Good question, and they are mainly e-mailed in some areas. But not everyone has e-mail , also every year there are the lost e-mails which don't even make it to the spam folder - ends up with a letter being sent :roll:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Bob1892 wrote:
nervousmom wrote:I'm going to make sure I don't leave the house when I know results are coming.

NM- you'll be doing the 'steam opening the envelope and resealing with pritt stick' trick I see :D
No need to steam them open, I'm opening and noone else :lol:

They could always email and post.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I've been given strict orders by my ds that he'll be opening the letter. We'll see :wink:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

My DD is not having the choice :lol:

There's no way I'm sitting there all day looking at the letter and not being able to open it. There just wouldn't be enough chocolate and Baileys to keep me calm :lol:
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

I remember 3 years ago, DS1 grabbed the letter and insisted on opening it, which is fair enough. We all sat on the sofa surrounding him...no pressure there then! It was Saturday 13th October! It was bang on time Bob :wink: !!!

So, if it comes a little bit early, DS2 will probably be still at school...what to do...what to do... Hopefully it'll come on a Saturday again and DS2 will do exactly what DS1 did and it'll be taken out of my shaking, sweaty hands.

And DS1 is away for the weekend, so not so much pressure when we're surrounding him on the sofa :shock: :lol:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We had results 3 years ago too. DS was upstairs and I was downstairs opening the letter.

I ran up to him 'you've done it, you've only gone and done it!

Response - 'oh'
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

I gave DS1 a big, tearful hug and jumped around the room for a bit. Everyone just looked at me as if I'd landed from the planet Tharg. Do DDs react differently?

I just asked DS2 about The Envelope and I got a very firm and definite 'I will open it'. So that's that sorted then (maybe...).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now