Solihull School Places Email - Sent now!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rockjames

Re: Solihull School Places Email - Sent now!!

Post by Rockjames »

Yep re : PAN - some of the 96 above him didn't select KES - maybe they went Alcester or Private schools.
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

Rockjames wrote:Yep re : PAN - some of the 96 above him didn't select KES - maybe they went Alcester or Private schools.
Thanks, hopefully we will see you there :D
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As James Dean and I predicted in Oct, AQS for KES has risen.

If 232 rank 97 got in but 231 didn't, that means most of the high scoring boys have opted for KES as they have gone beyond the 120 rank the last couple of years.

It will be interesting to see the wait list score.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:As James Dean and I predicted in Oct, AQS for KES has risen.
Hmmm, certainly looks that way - 221 for Shottery not enough this year either ...

JD
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Rockjames wrote:Just checked my emails at 6.30pm Monday night and have an email from Solihull - they've gone early!!!!

DS in at KS with score of 232 and rank of 97 amongst Southern boys.

Nice surprise - saves me staying up till midnight.
Congrats Rockjames, well done to your DS. Looking forward to seeing you/DS at KES!
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Rockjames wrote:No re : AQS buuuuuut his closest friend got one mark less on 231 and has been offered Alcester so I guess that makes AQS for KES 232.

Big jump this year.
Had his friend put KES as first choice too? or AGS was their first offer?
Minnietheminx

Post by Minnietheminx »

Apologies if this is a duplicate posting... iPad glitch... In case it's helpful to others. 231 score and 106 rank in south boys. Refused KES ( first choice) and offered AGS. Will let you know in due course where that puts us on the waiting list... Good luck to all x
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Minnietheminx wrote:Apologies if this is a duplicate posting... iPad glitch... In case it's helpful to others. 231 score and 106 rank in south boys. Refused KES ( first choice) and offered AGS. Will let you know in due course where that puts us on the waiting list... Good luck to all x
Thanks Minnietheminx, that's very useful. Looks like DS will be AGS in the morning too. 230 score and 115 rank, KES unlikely for us barring a miracle on the waiting list - at least I'll get some sleep tonight :)

It will be interesting to see what the AQS score is as DS has a couple of friends on 219 & 218 who have put AGS.

Now, where did I put that whiskey and bar of chocolate...

Fingers crossed for everyone :)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Just taken this from Brum forum, where there seem to be some big changes in some scores

'222 not offered KE Handsworth but offered Stratford Girls' Grammar'
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

nervousmom wrote:Just taken this from Brum forum, where there seem to be some big changes in some scores

'222 not offered KE Handsworth but offered Stratford Girls' Grammar'
Nervousmom, the cut off scores for Brum and Warks at so different though aren't they? KES stratford last year was 222 whereas CHB 243! This year has already seen a jump of about 9 scores (from 222 to 231) for KES! Watch the space.....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now