Welcome Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JamesDean

Re: Welcome Letters

Post by JamesDean »

And if you are new to KES, have a watch of yesterday's Songs of Praise to see what your DSs will be doing next April - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... e-01052016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Ha! Thanks for this, dS on national TV twice in on week! Should I get him an agent?!
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

JamesDean wrote:
rimjhimm100 wrote:Anyone had their meeting yet with Mr Carr at KES? DS counting days for his in 2 weeks time!
Mr Carr is lovely and will mostly speak to your DS, not you! If its the same as when we went, he will go through some housekeeping with you and ask your DS to come up with a question for him while he does. Just a heads up to get your DS to think about this in advance so he doesn't feel put on the spot :D

It's not a long visit, but seeing the school on a normal day (and the boys playing football in the quad) put my DS at his ease and more prepared for the transition day in June. Enjoy!

JD
Comment from me is the same as JD - Mr Carr talks to DS not you, but makes you and DS feel very at ease. Our appt is not until mid June, so we have a bit longer to wait.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

Anyone know pre-season rugby training dates Aug/Sept for KES Year 7 yet?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Interviews with Mr Carr start today (Tuesday) - I think 6 to see him booked in. Preseason rugby dates I may get this week so will post if I do but they will be given out on the New Y7s evening anyway.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

JamesDean wrote:And if you are new to KES, have a watch of yesterday's Songs of Praise to see what your DSs will be doing next April - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... e-01052016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JD
Thanks JD, also for the heads up! DS really excited and slightly nervous too which is 'normal'!
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Yamin151 wrote:Ha! Thanks for this, dS on national TV twice in on week! Should I get him an agent?!
Haha Definitely a celebrity already!
kenyancowgirl wrote:Interviews with Mr Carr start today (Tuesday) - I think 6 to see him booked in. Preseason rugby dates I may get this week so will post if I do but they will be given out on the New Y7s evening anyway.
That'll be great, thanks KCG. DS not looking forward to Rugby at all (though he plays at school only because he has to!) and I think the pre-season dates will help.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Bect1969 wrote:
JamesDean wrote:
rimjhimm100 wrote:Anyone had their meeting yet with Mr Carr at KES? DS counting days for his in 2 weeks time!
Mr Carr is lovely and will mostly speak to your DS, not you! If its the same as when we went, he will go through some housekeeping with you and ask your DS to come up with a question for him while he does. Just a heads up to get your DS to think about this in advance so he doesn't feel put on the spot :D

It's not a long visit, but seeing the school on a normal day (and the boys playing football in the quad) put my DS at his ease and more prepared for the transition day in June. Enjoy!

JD
Comment from me is the same as JD - Mr Carr talks to DS not you, but makes you and DS feel very at ease. Our appt is not until mid June, so we have a bit longer to wait.
Thanks Bect1986, will update once DS has seen Mr Carr.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

rimjhimm100 wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:Ha! Thanks for this, dS on national TV twice in on week! Should I get him an agent?!
Haha Definitely a celebrity already!
kenyancowgirl wrote:Interviews with Mr Carr start today (Tuesday) - I think 6 to see him booked in. Preseason rugby dates I may get this week so will post if I do but they will be given out on the New Y7s evening anyway.
That'll be great, thanks KCG. DS not looking forward to Rugby at all (though he plays at school only because he has to!) and I think the pre-season dates will help.
Some boys are not rugby fans, despite the school well and truly punching above its' weight, nationally (in that it competes against schools who have the capacity to "select" on sport prowess rather than just academic ability.) All boys in Y7 play, though, with the A&B having proper competitive fixtures and the C&D having some, but definitely embracing the "participation" aspect of the sport. The boys get the chance to move to hockey in Y8, if they really don't want to carry on with rugby.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

Thanks - just trying to sort out last week of school holidays!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now