Welcome Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bect1969

Re: Welcome Letters

Post by Bect1969 »

sparkles18 wrote:Yes, finally received our letter today and I think I can finally stop worrying and relax knowing that I've filled all the forms in correctly and that all the forms have been received by the correct authorities! I never imagined it was going to be just as stressful as when waiting for the results.

Hope you got your letter Bect.

Thanks Kenya for the tips on the uniform. Do you know when we will be able to access the parent portal?

Should we wear a red rose or carry a copy of a newspaper under our arm at the new parents evening so we can recognise one another :D
Yes we got ours today thanks sparkles18!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You'll be given information regarding parent portal etc either at the New Y7 evening this term or the Standards Evening in September. The former is the "welcome" to the school" one, the latter is "this is what we expect from you and what you can expect from us".

I wouldn't panic about anything for now - wait until the New Y7's evening and if you still have questions then ask them there or afterwards. The meeting with Mr Carr is a bit nerve-wracking for parents but the key with this is that he wants to meet and speak to your son...not so much you!! He wants to find out about them - makes notes and makes a real effort to remember them - he is VERY good at knowing all the boys by name very quickly - and usually a few facts about them too. But it is an exciting and nervous time - you, and your son, will feel overwhelmed at times and like you don't know what is going on...but this should all be over within the first few weeks of term - it is perfectly normal!!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

And get their hair cut! No girly long curls!! :lol: :lol:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yamin151 wrote:And get their hair cut! No girly long curls!! :lol: :lol:
Pah! Although DS's floppy fringe is almost down to his chin at the moment :lol:

JD
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Yes we got ours today thanks sparkles18![/quote]

That's great Bect1969
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:You'll be given information regarding parent portal etc either at the New Y7 evening this term or the Standards Evening in September. The former is the "welcome" to the school" one, the latter is "this is what we expect from you and what you can expect from us".

I wouldn't panic about anything for now - wait until the New Y7's evening and if you still have questions then ask them there or afterwards. The meeting with Mr Carr is a bit nerve-wracking for parents but the key with this is that he wants to meet and speak to your son...not so much you!! He wants to find out about them - makes notes and makes a real effort to remember them - he is VERY good at knowing all the boys by name very quickly - and usually a few facts about them too. But it is an exciting and nervous time - you, and your son, will feel overwhelmed at times and like you don't know what is going on...but this should all be over within the first few weeks of term - it is perfectly normal!!
Thanks Kcg, all this info is really helpful
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

JamesDean wrote:

JD
DS is making the most of it until his meeting with Mr Carr......!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

rimjhimm100 wrote:
JamesDean wrote:

JD
DS is making the most of it until his meeting with Mr Carr......!

I suggest hair clips and a signed affadavit from a hairdresser with date roughly 29th August for full short back and sides!!! :lol:
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Anyone had their meeting yet with Mr Carr at KES? DS counting days for his in 2 weeks time!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

rimjhimm100 wrote:Anyone had their meeting yet with Mr Carr at KES? DS counting days for his in 2 weeks time!
Mr Carr is lovely and will mostly speak to your DS, not you! If its the same as when we went, he will go through some housekeeping with you and ask your DS to come up with a question for him while he does. Just a heads up to get your DS to think about this in advance so he doesn't feel put on the spot :D

It's not a long visit, but seeing the school on a normal day (and the boys playing football in the quad) put my DS at his ease and more prepared for the transition day in June. Enjoy!

JD