Very quiet in Warwickshire!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mart13

Re: Very quiet in Warwickshire!

Post by Mart13 »

Postie has just been - just junk - looks like it's going to be Sat/Mon before we see anything. Ho hum!
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

just got home from work no post not even junk,oh well another painful wait till tomorrow.
Lunapup

Post by Lunapup »

I just wanted to wish everyone luck in the coming days.

We are new to the 11+ and new to the board. It was decided literally the day before the cut off for applications that we would give it a go and did at home practice papers over the summer. I am thrilled with how my young man has handled the whole processes as we have always said 'what will be, will be'. I think it helps that he is absolutely thriving at Bredon Hill and that we have Prince Henrys High or Chipping Campden to choose from should his result not make the grade. I honestly believe that if he continues the with his current work ethic and enthusiasm he will achieve the same where ever he is. What has been eye opening is how much he has gained for the prep work and how this has boosted him especially in English. The whole process of home preparation has made such an impact on his work at Bredon we cannot help but feel we are onto a winner regardless.

I have to be very honest and say I have no idea of the process beyond the impending letter as I have put it out of mind so that I cannot dwell but today I stumbled across this board whilst looking for some of the answers.

Wishing everyone a relaxing Friday evening and praying for post in the morning!
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

Hi all,

I am back lurking although I don't have a horse in the race this year but I am interested in how the results and AQS will work out this year.

I have one child at AGS, the other had a bad time in the exam and despite every indication they could have walked it, didn't quite get there. There is no denying it can hit you damn hard, especially if you had been led to high expectations, you don't blame your child but yourself, was there more we could have done?

But I just want to say however it turns out, you do pick up and move on and I am happy to say my child is absolutely thriving at her high school and very much enjoying being near the top all round. Her school is really superb and the nurturing is beyond all expectation.

So I simply want to wish you all luck, I have been in a place I would wish on no one! there are some great people on here to help you work out the numbers and what could be possible.
aslongastheirhappy

Post by aslongastheirhappy »

What truly lovely people.
Three2go

Post by Three2go »

hi just curious I ticked share with warickshire and I live out of area does any warickshire school offer out of area I'm not thinking of applying to any schools but curious to know
thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As you have no intention of applying and this thread is more about teh people who are and are getting their results, probably best if you have a look on the Warwickshire County Council website - there is a fairly clear explanation there.
Three2go

Post by Three2go »

kenyancowgirl wrote:As you have no intention of applying and this thread is more about teh people who are and are getting their results, probably best if you have a look on the Warwickshire County Council website - there is a fairly clear explanation there.
lol take easy kcg like I said just curious to know but not desperate enough to read through admissions blurb
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now