Results for 2017 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chuggabug

Results for 2017 entry

Post by Chuggabug »

Contacted Warwickshire Admissions service today and asked whether results are put in the post on 14th October or expected to arrive with parents on 14th and this was their word for word email response:
"They are posted next Friday (14th- should be received by Monday)."
So, a few extra days to wait I guess, although have to say I'd quite happily prolong the wait - don't think I want to know!
Anyway, think I'll still be anxiously checking the post come the Friday just in case...
(My eldest DS results' in 2014 came in on the Friday post...)
Anyway, thought you might all want to know!
ginx

Re: Results for 2017 entry

Post by ginx »

Four years ago results were posted Friday and received Saturday.

I think we'll get them on Saturday.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Three years ago they arrived on the Friday (much to everyone's surprise!) :shock:

JD
guest201

Post by guest201 »

I think they came on Friday last year, I remember knowing the result when I went to pick DS up from school.
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

I wonder how many of us will ring up Warwickshire next Thursday to find out if they have posted them? I've decided not to take the Friday off work, as I will be checking on here anyway. If they have been posted, I will go home before picking DD up (if possible, I will open the envelope before her. However if they come on the Saturday, I don't think this will be possible).
aslongastheirhappy

Post by aslongastheirhappy »

Thank you for taking the time to call and to post this. I can tell you, it's a lot worse waiting the second time around! Have really appreciated being able to come on here for a bit of moral support. Nice to know there are others in the same boat, so to speak. Have taken my ds around some local schools. Went to KES. Not sure about that one. The boys didn't look very happy - just my observation. Fell in love with AGS again (daughter thriving there), Chipping Campden has excellent sports facilities. Now to see Stratford High and Alcester Academy, but will wait until the results. FINGERS CROSSED!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

aslongastheirhappy wrote:.... Went to KES. Not sure about that one. The boys didn't look very happy ....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, they're a miserable bunch!

JD
aslongastheirhappy

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mind you.... the first things I said was 'It's your job to convince me that this school isn't too posh. To which the boy replied. "I think I might fail". He was really lovely. Studying ancient history at A-level. Have to admit, the head of PE seemed rather cool. :wink:
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

Having had both older boys go through KES (one as head boy) and my nephew as well I can confirm that KES is not really posh – a few pretensions of grandeur maybe! :D
aslongastheirhappy

Thanks for that.... always good to hear from parents who have experience of a school. I've got a dd who's absolutely thriving at AGS, so have no hesitation at all about ds going there - but I do see value in an all boys too. Just trying to suss it out. Thanks for posting. :D