You may need extra ID at an exam - be prepared if necessary

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Googley2

You may need extra ID at an exam - be prepared if necessary

Post by Googley2 »

At our exam this year there was an extremely tall girl compared to the others sitting the exam. I would have said myself she was at least 14 but father insisted she was 10. The staff said he had to bring her passport which mean he had to run like mad back home while she waited outside the hall. I dont know what happened in the end but its just a reminder that if your child does not look their age the parents may be asked to provide extra ID from them, if its your situation them please take it with you to save all the stress on the day. Its just one of them things you forget so easy which will make things so difficult.
kenyancowgirl

Re: You may need extra ID at an exam - be prepared if necess

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Warwickshire do require photo id signed by the head of the primary school, when you apply - or at least they used to - which is then checked by the staff. Maybe the girl had changed from her photo so they were after additional evidence.

A good few years ago, before it was CEM testing, several parents reported one girl coming out of a test centre and getting in a car and driving herself away....! Amazing what lengths some parents would go to to cheat their child into a school...hopefully the new system helps prevent more fraud - nobody should be upset about these measures - unless they have something to hide, obviously!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I find that story astounding KCG - so in order to get their DC a great start at a grammar, they let her first know that she was too dumb to take the test and they would be sending a proxy.

Yes, that really is a great start to education ... :roll:
UmSusu
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

UmSusu wrote:I find that story astounding KCG - so in order to get their DC a great start at a grammar, they let her first know that she was too dumb to take the test and they would be sending a proxy.

Yes, that really is a great start to education ... :roll:
I suppose a slightly more generous view of this particular attempt at fraud is that they just want to make absolutely sure that she won't be pipped at the post and deprived of what is rightfully hers, etc.

The sad thing is, the child might actually be perfectly capable of getting in on her own merits, but risks having any place obtained in this way taken away from her if (when?) mummy and daddy are found out.

Our area introduced photo ID for the first time this year (photo taken at the school on the day). There is a rumour as to why this was thought to be necessary :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx