Allocations 2017 - Warwickshire - scores only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aslongastheirhappy

Re: Allocations 2017 - Warwickshire - scores only

Post by aslongastheirhappy »

Congratulations to everyone.

DS got 241, and always wanted to go to AGS, so very happy.

Met someone in town yesterday afternoon who has two boys at grammar who didn't hesitate to tell me that I was 'wasting opportunities' as 'he could have gone to KES'. In her humble opinion! Without doubt, KES does have it's plus sides if you're after a classical education.

To everyone who got into AGS, from my experience, it's an absolutely brilliant school. I think sometimes, it might be a little too humble. It's biggest fault, as I see it, is not shouting out about it's achievements enough. The head teacher is edgy and a solid bloke who gets things done. I like him. He's given my DD assurances that the school will support her with reaching her goal of getting into Oxford to study law. Big goal!... but why not? She's in the right school for her. And that's what counts.
ssb321

Post by ssb321 »

Hi, does anyone know how we can find out what place in a waiting list a pupil is? Do we contact the Grammar school direct, or contact the Council?

Thanks.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

The waiting lists are maintained by WCC, so you'll need to contact admissions. But I don't think they will be able to tell you your place until after the deadline for rejections.

Good luck,

JD
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

I found this on the WCC website:

https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It refers to the 11+ qualifying score letter. However as I imagine most people applied online, it doesn't look like we are receiving letters as well. Surely they should be putting the 11+ letter up online in the next few working days.

One other thing, I logged onto my account today, and it did say response required. I've clicked accept place. I know the email said no action required, but I've accepted it just in case. Is anyone else's account like this?
SnowieBear

Post by SnowieBear »

Hi Cupcake, my account also had the same, I've submitted my acceptance too.
Chuggabug

Post by Chuggabug »

cupcake19 wrote: One other thing, I logged onto my account today, and it did say response required. I've clicked accept place. I know the email said no action required, but I've accepted it just in case. Is anyone else's account like this?
On mine too - was in two minds what to do. Clearly states in places that offers will be automatically accepted but then lots of references on the admissions website to following link to your account from the offer email (which I couldn't find in the offer email), and lots of references to acceptance deadlines, so I've clicked 'accept offer' too just in case. The system will probably pop now and we'll lose our place! :shock:
SnowieBear

Post by SnowieBear »

Am I the only one who hasn't received the actual letter yet? Had the e-mail, all confirmed through the website, etc. but where, o where, is the letter?
Chuggabug

Post by Chuggabug »

SnowieBear wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't received the actual letter yet? Had the e-mail, all confirmed through the website, etc. but where, o where, is the letter?
There's conflicting information on various documents and webpages from Admissions service - some say we'll get both letter and email, others saying if you applied online you'll only get an email (in which case would've probably been good to mention that you won't receive a letter in the actual email so we could all stop looking for the postman!).
I've still only had an email, but did receive the AQS letter and info today, so guessing that's all we'll get now.
I have to say, as the email was overly complicated and there have been so many errors in allocations so far from the sounds of it, it would be reassuring to have a piece of paper that clearly says which school DS2 will be going to for my own peace of mind...
Sure it will all be fine, but does feel overly complex this year!
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

Chuggabug wrote:
SnowieBear wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't received the actual letter yet? Had the e-mail, all confirmed through the website, etc. but where, o where, is the letter?
There's conflicting information on various documents and webpages from Admissions service - some say we'll get both letter and email, others saying if you applied online you'll only get an email (in which case would've probably been good to mention that you won't receive a letter in the actual email so we could all stop looking for the postman!).
I've still only had an email, but did receive the AQS letter and info today, so guessing that's all we'll get now.
I have to say, as the email was overly complicated and there have been so many errors in allocations so far from the sounds of it, it would be reassuring to have a piece of paper that clearly says which school DS2 will be going to for my own peace of mind...
Sure it will all be fine, but does feel overly complex this year!
Indeed, we received the email, and two letters (that are exactly the same!) in the post today with AQS information -- I know its quite a process, but think that WCC needs to get their act together..
SouthWarksMum

Post by SouthWarksMum »

We had an email and then the AQS letter, but no offer letter. Today, we got a letter from our second choice school (different county) saying we needed to contact their County authority ASAP if we wanted to be put on their waiting list as we hadn't been successful in gaining a place. So WCC have failed to tell them that we've got our first choice school, creating more paperwork for another county. Really unimpressed with the communication this year - not sure I'll believe my DD's actual offer from SGGS is real until we hear from the school!