Allocations 2017 - Warwickshire - scores only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Re: Allocations 2017 - Warwickshire - scores only

Post by hermanmunster »

BeccyBell wrote:We live in catchment for AGS. Put AGS as 1st choice, Henley 2nd. Score was 235. We are on waiting list for AGS and place offered at Henley. Why?
V odd - there is someone else like this- you need to get on the phone I think, the cutoff is 213
MAYA99

Post by MAYA99 »

LSS offered with 212. Eastern Inner (non PP)
patientlywaiting

Post by patientlywaiting »

Nb: I posted this in the wrong thread originally:

I just phoned and waited in a very long queue; apparently there have been email glitches - they weren't allowed to give info this morning, but they're now telling people over the phone. I'm quite glad I phoned, wasn't going to. They were really pleasant as well, considering they must be fielding so many calls!

So... DD offered RHS with 216. No PP, but inner circle.

She'll be pleased as punch. They're sending a letter separately to confirm also since I called.
Loverofolives

Post by Loverofolives »

I have also not had an email or letter but have called and had it confirmed DS has got into AGS on 215 - so happy/relieved and thankful to everyone on here for help/advice/support - especially the wonderful Wonky who I'm going to nominate for an OBE! :D
Wonky

Post by Wonky »

Loverofolives wrote:I have also not had an email or letter but have called and had it confirmed DS has got into AGS on 215 - so happy/relieved and thankful to everyone on here for help/advice/support - especially the wonderful Wonky who I'm going to nominate for an OBE! :D
Just seen this .... great news, really pleased for you :D
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Hi.

Has any seen this year's qualifying scores letter. The one on the website is last year's.

I'd dearly love to know the AQS for LSS and the lowest category 5 place offered.

Thanks
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

hermanmunster wrote:
BeccyBell wrote:We live in catchment for AGS. Put AGS as 1st choice, Henley 2nd. Score was 235. We are on waiting list for AGS and place offered at Henley. Why?
V odd - there is someone else like this- you need to get on the phone I think, the cutoff is 213
Are you Solihull, BB? Looks like there's been a communication problem again this year - hopefully you'll have sorted this by now as HM suggests?

Good luck,

JD
shukla

Post by shukla »

My twin daughters have secured a place in SGGS. One scored 243 and the other 223. I was a bit worried for the one who scored 223 - if in case they could not get into the same school then it would be a problem in terms of commuting everyday..
But it worked out well, happy and proud for my girls.
Prosecco

Post by Prosecco »

JamesDean wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
Are you Solihull, BB? Looks like there's been a communication problem again this year - hopefully you'll have sorted this by now as HM suggests?

Good luck,

JD
BeccyBell and Fingerscrossedandtoes Last year my DS had a score clearly above the cutoff for AGS and we were in catchment. However on the offer day we were allocated our second choice. I rang admissions immediately to query this but whoever I spoke to was very noncommittal. After about a week it was sorted a he was offered a place at AGS but it felt like a very long time and was upsetting for my DS. My advice is be persistent but they are very very busy so don't expect a resolution to happen quickly. I was told the reason for the error was due to the lists being looked at manually for grammar schools which sometimes results in human error and in our case my DS being missed off a list. Hang in there and don't worry (easier said than done) :wink:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Iceman wrote:Hi.

Has any seen this year's qualifying scores letter. The one on the website is last year's.

I'd dearly love to know the AQS for LSS and the lowest category 5 place offered.

Thanks
Last year we had a letter a couple of days after offers day, with all the qualifying scores etc, the envelope was dated 2nd March.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now